Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Gallardo Spyder... my interior switches for lock/unlock, putting the top up/down, raising/lowering the rear windscreen are "gummy"/"sticky"... is this common? Can they be cleaned or do they need to be replaced?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
35 Posts
Before you replace try makeup removal pads. I saw a Utube video and stole my daughters for the Sport/Auto/Corsa buttons which were pretty bad - I had to remove the button assembly first but they basically came out brand new aside from a couple scratches on the Auto button that I touched up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting on the makeup removal pads... I had seen in an earlier post to use rubbing alcohol...

·
Registered
SL #07007
65 Posts
2010 Gallardo Spyder... my interior switches for lock/unlock, putting the top up/down, raising/lowering the rear windscreen are "gummy"/"sticky"... is this common? Can they be cleaned or do they need to be replaced?

Thanks,
Tony
Sorry, just confirming but sticky to the touch or sticky internally? If sticky to the touch there are a bunch of ways to fix them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, just confirming but sticky to the touch or sticky internally? If sticky to the touch there are a bunch of ways to fix them.
Sticky to the touch... the typical button problem... going to try rubbing alcohol and if that doesn't give good results I also saw interior plastic cleaner or goo gone...

Reactions: Cliff.1620

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
SL #07007
65 Posts
Sticky to the touch... the typical button problem... going to try rubbing alcohol and if that doesn't give good results I also saw interior plastic cleaner or goo gone...
Glad the goo gone worked. That’s what I use. Window switches are probably fine but don’t use alcohol on the R, or the three buttons on the center console (if e gear). I heard and read that the alcohol is too strong and takes off the rubber making the button white....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was definitely concerned about using alcohol after reading some older threads on this... TBH the goo gone was really quite easy and I love the results

1 - 12 of 12 Posts