1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, everything in black Leather. Nothing fancy, just an embroided bull in the head rest, black on black. New rug. I put Dynomat and padding to reduce some of the road noises.

I was going to wait until the spring to do the interior, but was giving an opportunity to get in done by January. As you can see I jumped on the opportunity. My restoration is going rather quickly. By mid-January I will have everything except the paint completed. I've been very lucky with parts and service. Since everything is apart, it shouldn't take very long to sand and paint. I expect it completed by May/June, just in time for the beach.

When I've completed my "91lamborestor" can I change my username and still retain the history?

Raymond - I'm not one to experiment on this car. It looks nice but by time the clutch needs to be changed, I won't be the owner. Probably, one of my 3 son's problem. Anyone who has gone through this process can tell you that if you don't stick to your original plan (whatever that is) you will drive yourself crazy!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lamborestor,

Ive got some questions for you :D :

When did u buy the car?
How much did it cost?
Why are u restorating it?
What color have u decided to paint it in?
Are you restorating it in original condition or are u adding some new stuff?
When did u start restorating?
How many hours you spent a week restorating it?
Where do you buy your parts?

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JHF

I bought the car in July of 2004. I drove it about 5 miles and then into my garage for cleaning. One thing led to another and I'm doing a complete restoration. Why? Because it needed it. I love Diablos. I have three sons and they have sparked a childhood interest in me to purchase and restor it.

I sent it out to do most of the mechanical in August and haven't seen the car, other than in pictures, since. Before it left I would say I had about 40 hours per week into it for five weeks time. I will be painting the car myself. The good thing is that it doesn't need much body work. However sanding the car to the original primer will be fun. :rolleyes:

I can't tell you the cost because if my wife logs on and sees it, I'm in big trouble. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
91lamborestor said:
I can't tell you the cost because if my wife logs on and sees it, I'm in big trouble. :D
LOL
Are you going to repaint it in yellow again?
What did the old owner do with the wheels :confused: , never seen that before

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superfly Yellow.

The wheels were painted. :eek: I had them stripped and polished. The interior of the wheel is magnesium and the outer is aluminium. I had OZ assemble and replace all 35 wheel bolts on each wheel. They look great.

More before and after pics.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Perhaps you should go for the bigger brakes of the 1993 VT with the brembo-calipers...

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Raymond, If you change the brakes you have to put 18" wheels, the 91 has 17". I already invested in wheels and tires before I gave it any thought. Maybe when I need new tires and have $7500 to blow. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
raymond said:
Perhaps you should go for the bigger brakes of the 1993 VT with the brembo-calipers...
i have heard they make a huge difference to

1 - 14 of 14 Posts