Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 718 Spyder today and I must say it’s a real delight. GT3 naturally aspirated flat 6, GT3 suspension. It’s so lively and connected to the road. I needed something to fill the void until my EVO Spyder arrives. I don’t think I will get rid of it!
And it’s actually quite amazing.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Very nice. I'm not a big fan of porsches but I had a lot of joy around the nurburg with the 718. I'll be honest, i liked it more than the 911.

It was quite balanced and fun. It is heavily underrated.

nevertheless, nothing remotely comparable to EVO :- )

·
Registered
174 Posts
I love the Spyder!!! Too bad you didn't get the carbon buckets with a manual transmission, you feel so much more connected and engaged, regardless its a great car. I had a GT4 that I sold last year and I really enjoyed rowing gears in it.

I was able to secure an early C8 allocation and it arrived in March of 2020, luckily its gone up in value and I plan on selling it before my EVO RWD arrives in January 2022.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the Spyder!!! Too bad you didn't get the carbon buckets with a manual transmission, you feel so much more connected and engaged, regardless its a great car. I had a GT4 that I sold last year and I really enjoyed rowing gears in it. View attachment 298535

I was able to secure an early C8 allocation and it arrived in March of 2020, luckily its gone up in value and I plan on selling it before my EVO RWD arrives in January 2022.
View attachment 298536

View attachment 298537

View attachment 298538
I was lucky enough to compare the manual to PDK, I felt more engaged with the PDK since the manual gearing was so tall. I wanted buckets but my wide frame said “no”, lol. Great choice on C8. Can’t go wrong there! Looking forward to the Evo arriving this fall!

Reactions: kotykb

·
Registered
130 Posts
It is heavily underrated.
??... I don't think I have seen anything other than gushing praise for these cars...?

True the GPF has killed the sound compared to the 918 Spyder ( although it's not terrible) and the manual gearing is too tall; but these are brilliant cars regardless of price and the fact that they are relatively cheap is pretty amazing. Only slight negative is there are a lot of them around in my area..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts