Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jay Leno is not a big fan of the games Ferrari plays and although he had a better experience with Porsche than me, I still feel Porsche is the new Ferrari with their collective heads up their nether regions. Thank goodness we have the best of the best in Lamborghini!!
Oh yeah, @topcarbon, I think you will appreciate Jay's comments about the McLaren brand. ;)

Attachments

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Interesting video. I'm just very happy I went with Lamborghini. Jay Leno is a pretty straightforward guy and I really enjoy his show, Jay Leno's garage.

Registered
Here鈥檚 the article that goes with the video.
The Drive - Jay Leno & Ferrari

Love his analogy about buying from Ferrari鈥
"It's like rich guys that go to a dominatrix. 'Oh, she kicked the crap out of me, it was fantastic.' That's great, I mean, some guys like that."

Registered
SL #7007
I have no experience owning a Ferrari but maybe those who have can chime in. I鈥檝e see my friends experiences with their Ferrari dealerships and I feel like Ferrari treats their customers better than Lamborghini treats their customers.

I won鈥檛 use my buddy from Dallas as an example because he is in their VIP program and he is treated like no other. However, another buddy of mine bought a used 488 two years ago. I went with him once while he took his car for service at Ferrari Van Nuys. From what I saw, he was greeted and spoken to is better than I鈥檝e experienced at LNB or LBH. The second we drove into Ferrari VN and parked, we were greeted by some employee outside. We walk in and walk to the counter and a women greeted us nicely then she asked us if she could get us coffee, water, or a snack and then she directed us to service. His service technician was was so professional and informative. I really was shocked. My buddy is a no one with a used 488 that he didn鈥檛 purchase there and he was treated so well.

Now I have never been treated disgustingly at LNB or LBH but I was also never treated like my friend was treated. I鈥檝e been at LNB and no one ever even said hi when I walked in. I was at LNB鈥檚 new building last year and I asked some employee walking past me where the restroom was. He just pointed.

For the record I鈥檓 not crying, I鈥檓 not expecting anyone to kiss my ass, I don鈥檛 think I鈥檓 better than anyone, etc. but that experience just made me always wonder鈥.. I know there will be many mixed experiences but I鈥檝e only had one with Ferrari and I鈥檝e had several with Lamborghini. I still love Lamborghini and no I鈥檓 not switching. Lmao.

@Lambo2018, if this is off topic or a hijack I鈥檒l delete it. Just let me know鈥..

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: Cliff.1620

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was talking to my SA, Chase, and he related an interesting story about the dealership owner that has relevance to this thread. Apparently, the owner was a huge car guy and was into Porsche and Ferrari but those dealerships gave him such a hard time even as a repeat customer trying to get certain allocations he just said screw it and started his own Lamborghini dealership.

• Haha
Reactions: DXM31 and Afk49

Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
He also doen鈥檛 have a Delorean for some reason! 馃槀
I recognize his story though. A customer of mine couldn鈥檛 buy an Enzo while he already had the required F40-F50-288GTO and some others. For sure he didn鈥檛 look like the typical F driver (Magnus Walker style without the beard and dreads), but his Net Worth allowed him to buy a 250GTO without a problem. He got so angry, he sold all his F cars at once and now only drives German cars just for principal reasons.
Will experience the F treatment myself soon, but till now, only the Lambo (and Porsche) treatment was acceptable鈥

1 - 10 of 10 Posts