Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 458 which I love. But I've been very interested in the Evo RWD since introduction.
Now I really want it but just wonder if it's too close to the 458 in terms of driving feel.
The RWD is newer, v10, but I do like the 458 interior where it's buttons and knobs and center tach is analog.
Would it be worth the change?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Wow. I thought my 458 Spider's interior was dated and that was back in 2014 when I ordered her brand new.

My 580-2's interior is far more modern with virtual cockpit but some complain about the excessive plastic bits although my 458 had a lot of plastic interior bits too. The bluetooth and NAV work better in the Lambo.

What I miss about my 458 is the hardtop vert which IMO looks better and is more secure than a softop. The sound of the 458 is thrilling and less synthetic than the Huracan. The 458's throttle response feels like it's hardwired to my brain.

I miss the LED steering wheel and being able to lower the rear cabin window with the roof up to hear the engine. Otw no regrets going from 458 to Huracan.

·
Registered
265 Posts
458 will feel more nimble and communicative. EVO RWD is all about the spine tingling V10. Completely takes over the experience, you feel like the engine is a part of you. Looks more exotic. You could have both and not feel like you're overlapping, especially if one is a coupe and one is a spyder.

Reactions: azzurri

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
The interior design of the EVO is impressive but they still need to work out many of the infotainment shortcomings. The EVO 10-Cylinder NA engine, though, is sublime with both power and intoxicating sound. I would highly recommend a test drive and you be the judge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The interior design of the EVO is impressive but they still need to work out many of the infotainment shortcomings. The EVO 10-Cylinder NA engine, though, is sublime with both power and intoxicating sound. I would highly recommend a test drive and you be the judge.
Thanks for the feedback. What shortcomings are there if you don't mind me asking?
YT reviewers seem to like the new infotainment system that's in the Evo. I do wish the HVAC controls would have been more easily accessible but I haven't been in one.
Speaking of which, that's my biggest fear. Once I test drive one, I will be hooked and will be placing an order lol.
Wife said to wait at least until some milestone in our lives happen first..

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Well tell her you will reach those milestones faster in an EVO or better yet the EVO is the preeminent milestone. Though, women are shrewd you probably will be greeted, no doubt, with "the look".

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. What shortcomings are there if you don't mind me asking?
YT reviewers seem to like the new infotainment system that's in the Evo. I do wish the HVAC controls would have been more easily accessible but I haven't been in one.
Speaking of which, that's my biggest fear. Once I test drive one, I will be hooked and will be placing an order lol.
Only about 2 years left on the NA engine. Lamborghini announced today everything will be hybrid by 2024MY

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Craig is spot on and I will add to his comments and say more than a few of these YouTubers are shills for the car manufacturers. Case in point, I like Chris Harris and his videos are fun to watch but he mostly is a brand cheerleader and not the best source for an honest review. Even when the YouTuber shows integrity their reviews are written after a few minutes or a few hours with the car in question so how on earth can they even be in a position to give a credible or comprehensive review?
That is were forums like this can be of use because over time the good, the bad and the ugly will surface about each brand and each flavor of said brand.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
Yeah Harry has his own resources and his channel is perhaps a little more of a hobby, but also makes money for him. So many YTers are just shills though, as Albert says.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Craig is spot on and I will add to his comments and say more than a few of these YouTubers are shills for the car manufacturers. Case in point, I like Chris Harris and his videos are fun to watch but he mostly is a brand cheerleader and not the best source for an honest review. Even when the YouTuber shows integrity their reviews are written after a few minutes or a few hours with the car in question so how on earth can they even be in a position to give a credible or comprehensive review?
That is were forums like this can be of use because over time the good, the bad and the ugly will surface about each brand and each flavor of said brand.
It’s one of my biggest pet peeves to the typical modern narrative of YT being more honest and transparent than traditional outlets of old such as television and magazines. These YouTube reviewers that get most of the reviews typically have million dollar channels and subscriber counts. They would have more incentive to shill because the financial upside is much greater than working in those more traditional spaces as the money is newer to them and they are who keep the advertising revenue.

plus I am seeing the trend of small channels following the same lame concepts/formulas old the established ones: “Uber in my new Lambo!!1111” “Took my lambo to Carmax and was SHOCKED at the $$$” etc. yawn.

So as always, due diligence is required :)

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Jethro Bovingdon is my fav. Co-host on Top Gear America now so may end up like Chris Harris.
When I watch the YouTubers it's mostly for entertainment, and many of them are quite entertaining but finding unbiased, reliable information about the marque brands is harder to come by.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts