Lamborghini Talk banner

Insurance Question

7K views 41 replies 20 participants last post by  Rcasa20 
#1 ·
Hello!

I got quoted $1,400 a month for insurance from Geico for a Urus which seems high.

Does anyone have recommendations for cheaper providers?

#4 ·
$1400/yr with State Farm and that includes my wife's new Honda HRV.

#26 ·
I am apppalled at suck low rates. I have had approx $250 - $300 per month for Hurcan EVO and slightly lesser for URUS with Farmers and I have home, life, 5-6 cars plus umbrella policy with Farmers. Live in southern CA so that could be the difference. Driving record is spotless (by the Grace of God) and no claims.

#10 ·
Believe me, I WANT to leave the slimy lizard. I had 1 a$$hole hit my S8 when it was brand new (like a week old) while parked.

Geico did not want to pay, I actually had to consult with a lawyer. Finally after a firm letter and me losing much sleep, they paid.

That is not how you treat someone who insures so much with you.

#11 ·
Believe me, I WANT to leave the slimy lizard. I had 1 a$$hole hit my S8 when it was brand new (like a week old) while parked.

Geico did not want to pay, I actually had to consult with a lawyer. Finally after a firm letter and me losing much sleep, they paid.

That is not how you treat someone who insures so much with you.
They’re barely charging you enough to cover the cost for you to have a login to their app so what do you expect!!! What Hagerty’s quoted I better get great service. If they cut the cost down to $1,200 I’ll put up with some headaches!!

#22 ·
Not using Home, but multicar discount and the safe driver program on the other cars. (can't use safe driver with the Lambo, the speed and acceleration would give me an F) but the discount on the policy with the other cars helps, the G wagon is a daily and I don't drive that crazy, a pickup truck I hardly drive and the wife's Audi. It's an interesting app I must say, shows you all the routes you've taken, where you got a bad grade and why. Seeing driving habits is pretty cool.

#30 ·
Hello!

I got quoted $1,400 a month for insurance from Geico for a Urus which seems high.

Does anyone have recommendations for cheaper providers?
Good luck with finding reasonable rates, if your car is a Lamborghini your gonna pay... But!! $1400 a mo. is outrageous!! If you live in Calif. your screwed!! It really depends on where you live... I go through State Farm in Nevada for my 2018 Hurican Performante and its $4100 every 6 mo. Still very pricey..

#31 ·
This site has just saved me money!!! I would’ve never thought about SF but I just went back to them and I’m switching! They now have me priced slightly better on my existing cars but when my Lambo arrives, using today’s assumptions, they beat Hagerty by nearly $1,500/year. Wow!! Thx all!!

#36 ·
That's why I have to have my Murci on a declared value policy, currently Hagerty but sometimes AIG depending on who wants to give me a better rate that year. If I insure it with most places they'd pay me out at $115k or whatever KBB suggests it's worth, so I'd take a $200k bath on a loss. I can insure my Gallardo anywhere though since it has depreciated normally and market price mostly matches insured estimate.

I tried State Farm but they could not get the Murci figured out, same with Progressive.

#38 ·
I signed up an account here to say a big thank you to you guys on this thread. I used to be with Progressive here in NY for a total of $5600/6mo for my Macan + Lambo (1600 primary Macan + 4000 secondary on Lambo). And I always thought that's a reasonable price!!! I am on Diamond+ with Progressive for 6+ years so never thought about quoting around as it is not worth the time if we are talking about sub $1000 difference. But after accidentally saw this thread, my mind was blowing and I quoted at State Farm and got $1400 combined... $5600 -> $1400... I hope I saw this thread earlier!!!

#40 ·
Interesting reading, both an online article and PDF on the questionable practices of some insurance companies:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.