Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Apparently TPMS was not an option for Australian delivered Gallardos.

I bought a set of aftermarket TPMS sensors from eBay. They communicate wirelessly to a USB dongle, which plugs into the Chinese headunit popular on this forum. You can choose to have internal sensors instead too if you want, but my experience with internal sensors on my Quattroporte has been terrible, so I opted for the external type.

I am very happy with the purchase. The install was as easy as it gets. The black sensors blend very well with my full black car. Hard to tell there are sensors instead of tire caps at all.

I was also able to modify the various elements of the software to make it blend with the interior of my car. The default setup had a horrible colour scheme and some white sedan as a background icon.

·
Vendor
2,666 Posts
very cool!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Very nice app !!
Could you explain how you did the mod and would you share it ?
Does it run in background and alerts you if there is a deflated tire ?
Fred.

Envoyé de mon SM-A405FN en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Very nice app !!
Could you explain how you did the mod and would you share it ?
Does it run in background and alerts you if there is a deflated tire ?
Fred.

Yes it runs in the background and pops up a notification if there is a problem with the pressures so you don't need to keep the app in the foreground. I haven't actually experienced this but that's what a youtube review showed.

I think the app that came with the TPMS is a generic Chinese coded app used for all such units made in China. It does the basics quite well but doesn't allow customisation of graphics. So you need to unpack the apk, find the folder inside with all the graphics and change them to suit, using Paint or a similar program. Obviously keep the file names, DPI and resolution same as the original. You will then need to get the apk resigned before installation. The whole exercise would take less than 30min the first time you do it, and only seconds each subsequent time because you can just repeat the same commands (not counting time spent editing the graphics to your liking of course).

Details here (just the re-sign bit, don't worry about the rest - unpacking and packing can be done with WinRAR, and you are not editing any XML or changing any file permissions):
https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/11852r

·
Registered
286 Posts
thank you for you answer, i just need the APK because mine is old.
i found an apk that looks like yours, resources are located in res\drawable-nodpi\
we can try the apk mod in NOX Player.
it's fun to mod it.
thank you for advices.
The hardest is to find a top view's pic of our cars...
Fred.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thank you for you answer, i just need the APK because mine is old.
i found an apk that looks like yours, resources are located in res\drawable-nodpi\
we can try the apk mod in NOX Player.
it's fun to mod it.
thank you for advices.
The hardest is to find a top view's pic of our cars...
Fred.
View attachment 295866
Yep that's the one! But if you've changed the app from your original, would the new app pair with your device?

I didn't know about Nox. Will check it out. I used to use Android emulators to play Android games on Windows but haven't used one for ages.

I am having trouble getting the app to load automatically on startup - it loads, but asks me each time to "automatically open" when USB TPMS is plugged in - I ticked the "don't ask again" or "do this every time" box but it still asks the same.... not sure how to get around that... I am sure there is a way to do it. The Autokit app, which is Carplay, loads automatically each time when detecting my phone without asking for permission...

I found a top down view of the Gallardo from one of the forum posts here. Can't remember which one though. But my plan is to change it to a photo of my own car when I get the chance to take a photo from the right angle, since mine is a sypder not a coupe superleg, and not yellow either. But it'd do for now.

·
Registered
286 Posts
i will try to pair as soon as i'll take my car for a ride.
Nox is an android emulator, more easy to test mods.
for the pic, the only way is to use a drone or on top of a bridge.
for the "automatically open" i will search what i've done because i haven't this nag screen (but i use a modded firmware : HAL9K from XDA developers).
Fred.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i will try to pair as soon as i'll take my car for a ride.
Nox is an android emulator, more easy to test mods.
for the pic, the only way is to use a drone or on top of a bridge.
for the "automatically open" i will search what i've done because i haven't this nag screen (but i use a modded firmware : HAL9K from XDA developers).
Fred.
Oh right... so maybe I need a hacked firmware.... let me know how you get on.

I've also sent you a PM.

Why did you choose HAL9K and not Malaysk?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the PM.
I made the choice many months ago, i must admit i don't rembember why i leave malaysk but i tried it an uninstalled it.
Now Hal9k didn't update his mod, the latest release was for Android 9 whereas Malaysk is working on android 10.

I found all i need on Hal9k's mod : rear camera distances lines, root, many themes, you can choose which app you want to be launched automatically at the boot, you can automatically shut down an audio app when you use another one...

I just followed the howto without issues.
Great mod for a great Android head unit.

Like i wrote before, this android player added to carbon fiber parts and a new steering wheel do upgraded my old Gallardo(2006) to a new style.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the PM.
I made the choice many months ago, i must admit i don't rembember why i leave malaysk but i tried it an uninstalled it.
Now Hal9k didn't update his mod, the latest release was for Android 9 whereas Malaysk is working on android 10.

I found all i need on Hal9k's mod : rear camera distances lines, root, many themes, you can choose which app you want to be launched automatically at the boot, you can automatically shut down an audio app when you use another one...

Like i wrote before, this android player added to carbon fiber parts and a new steering wheel do upgraded my old Gallardo(2006) to a new style.

Awesome! We are headed down the same path. I have my new carbon wheel with LED in hand. Just checking out the clock spring issue before jumping in. Have you got a photo of yours?

Do I lose any features if I install Hal9k compared the original ROM? The original ROM has some CANBUS settings in the hidden section of the ROM, not sure if that survived the Hal9k hack and if it does anything at all?

Do you retain the Lamborghini logo on start up with Hal9k? And if it doesn't go well, can I restore the factory ROM from somewhere?

I think the biggest feature in Hal9k that I am really wanting is the SDVC... does it work well?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the PM.

I just went to check out Hal9k and it seems that you can only get the 4.0.0 version free, and any subsequent updates you must pay? This isn't the usual way with these customised ROMs. Can you confirm that's how Hal9k works or did I misread something?

·
Registered
286 Posts
you're right : updates over the air aren't free, you have to visit his web site Hal9k
in 2020 april, i sent him €10
it was like a donation for all his great job.
on XDA usually modded roms are free, and yes, Hal9k made a free rom (fully fonctionnal) but if you wanted updates you have to "help" him with a donation.
i must say i'm happy with his version, nothing is missing.

Yes Speed dependant volume control do works on my head unit (without any other module or wire.. i think it works with CAN BUS)
and yes, you're right about the USB receiver :you can use any 433mhz generic tyre pressure valve

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you're right : updates over the air aren't free, you have to visit his web site Hal9k
in 2020 april, i sent him €10
it was like a donation for all his great job.
on XDA usually modded roms are free, and yes, Hal9k made a free rom (fully fonctionnal) but if you wanted updates you have to "help" him with a donation.
i must say i'm happy with his version, nothing is missing.

Yes Speed dependant volume control do works on my head unit (without any other module or wire.. i think it works with CAN BUS)
and yes, you're right about the USB receiver :you can use any 433mhz generic tyre pressure valve
Cool. $10 is no big deal. Just unusual I guess in the XDA community. I will give Hal9k a go on the strength of your recommendation. Thanks.

Use any generic sensor? That's surprising to be honest. The kit came with four sensors, each marked with locations (FL, FR, RL, RR). Internal 433 sensors, for example, don't usually care about what's mounted where (they somehow work out what's where)....

·
Registered
286 Posts
i contacted a year ago Allen Wong from Carnaviplayer and here is his answer :
"
Hi, Fred, I do not recommend you to buy 2 pcaks. Because the battery will drain even it is not used. You can replace the sensors once the batttery is empty. The sensor is US$20/pcs.
All sensors with "Transmission frequency: 433.92MHz" work. You can find there are a lot of sellers sell this model sensor on the market."

So the sensor's location (FL,FR..) can be changed and you just have a re-pair them on the App ( if i do remember, you can just deflate-inflate the tire and the app will then detect the sensor.)

Feel free to contact him if needed.
Cheers,
Fred ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts