Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Here is the Article

Italian police get high-powered Lamborghini to chase reckless drivers
AFP: 12/21/2004
ROME, Dec 21 (AFP) - More over, Italian speeders: Italy's police now have a high-powered, high-prestige Lamborghini sports car to keep pace with the country's notoriously reckless drivers on its autostradas.

Highway patrols are using the Gallardo, which can reach up to 310 km/h (190 mph) and is adapted to the needs of police, in their quest to curb speeding and enforce safer driving.

The car is specially fitted with a screen on which the two crew can film speeding vehicles.

"I have no need to overtake a speeding vehicle. It's enough to follow it at a distance and warn other patrols ahead on the motorway," said Franco Iacomini, one of eight highway police specially trained to handle the car.

"Alternatively we just order it to stop."

Laura Ciano, the only woman among the eight high-speed police, described how the team had already carried out patrols this summer on the Rome-Reggio Calabria autostrada, one of the most dangerous in Italy.

"We took away 20 driving licenses for really serious speeding offences and and applied a points system in other cases.

"Some admirers of the car even said: 'If you arrest me, let me have a go at the wheel!'"

The superfast Lamborghini can also be used to transport vital transplant organs at high speed, explained an officer, displaying the special forward compartment where they are kept in frozen state, as far away as possible from the roaring rear-mounted engine.

12/21/2004 16:24 GMT - AFP

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Police gallardo was on the ABC National News tonight all across the USA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts