Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from the dealer where i had my car wahsed. Flat black car some insects on the bonnet and side mirrors just won't go away. Dealer exlpanation: insects taken at very high speeds go "under" the paint and are almost impossible to remove without removing the paint. Solution: have the bonnet repainted... :eek: ABSURD!! is there a way out?? what do you guys use? :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
That sounds silly to me. I use Meguires quick detailer. Spray it on, wait a few minutes and they're disolved.

·
Registered
29 Posts
raymondo said:
That sounds silly to me. I use Meguires quick detailer. Spray it on, wait a few minutes and they're disolved.
Agreed, you got to get them wet and soft to come off. Detailer spray works good. I also spray it down good with the garden hose, wash the front "buggy" areas first, rinse and leave wet, then wash the rest of the car. Now go back to the front areas with the bugs, and wash a second time...usually the bugs have softened enough to come off with the second wash with mitt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If an insect hits the paint hard enough, like when driving at speed, it can damage the surface of the paint and, like a scratch or mark from a stone, you have to buff down to the layer of paint that is affected- superficial ones will come out easily, deeper ones won't come out without risking the paint. It also depends what color the paint is because some colors show this type of damage better.

I suppose if the bug was big enough and was a hard shell it could nick the paint.
Just thinking of little ones :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Just put a wet soapy towel over the affected area for 10 minutes. That will soften the bugs. Then spray it with Meguires Quick detailer to lube the area and then rub down with a clay bar. They will come right off. No need to repaint. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts