Lamborghini Talk banner

Info on 97 diablo roadster for sale

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  beachbummed 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm obviously still searching for a roadster. Does anyone know the story(if there is one?) on the 97 diablo roadster w/5500 miles that Fox Valley Motorcars has for sale for 159.9k? Has anyone ever dealt with this dealer before? Any opinions on the price? Any info would be helpful.

I would also like to thank everyone on this site for the wealth of information that you have provided to me about these cars. This will be my first lambo, and hopefully not my last.

Thanks again.

#4 ·
Well,

Be sure to find out its service history.

Check the clutch wear (if you put the car on a lift there is a little slot under the clutch plate where you, if you use a flashlight, can see the clutch plate and there is cog you can spin it around with using a screwdriver, check it out).

As far as a "fair price", I would think $159K is on the high end with $149 being better. But price does depend on how much servicing the car needs to be "perfect".

Also check the build code on each tire, are they original tires? If so, that means they are 8 years old, I would make replacing them part of the deal.

I would also require that all fluids be flushed (unless there are service records and it has been done recently), otherwise you might have 8 year old brake fluid in there, etc.

That's a few things I would pay attention to.

-John

#5 ·
i AM FAMILIAR WITH THIS CAR.......IT HAS A GOOD TRACK RECORD......THE PRICE IS A LITTLE HIGH..AFTER ALL THEY ARE RETAIL......I KNOW THEY PAID IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD OF 145 FOR THE CAR.....I THINK YOU COULD GET THEM TO GIVE YOU THE CAR AT 150K...PS THE TIRES HAVE ALREADY BEEN REPLACED ON THE CAR.....AT 150K I WOULD BUY IT. :wave:

#7 ·
Diablo VT Roadster 1997 for sale

Hi everybody and congratulations for this excellent forum,
if you are still searching for a Diablo VT Roadster take a look to the car we have in stock, an excellent car which will be delivered ready to be drive. www.auxchateauxdusudouest.com Please contact me by mail if you are interested by and we will be able to open a discussion. :wave:

#8 ·
Aux Châteaux du Sud-Ouest said:
Hi everybody and congratulations for this excellent forum,
if you are still searching for a Diablo VT Roadster take a look to the car we have in stock, an excellent car which will be delivered ready to be drive. www.auxchateauxdusudouest.com Please contact me by mail if you are interested by and we will be able to open a discussion. :wave:
congrats for your wonderfull stock, really a lot of amazing machines
i already seen it on the net
your countach lp 400s is really one of the best i have seen, has this a 40 or 45
weber engine?

:wave:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.