Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
32 Posts
My 5000S taught me one very important thing......everything that was ever said about the poor quality of Lamborghini was true. My car was built terribly as all of yours are, whether you admit it or not, and the reliability factor was even worse. Lets see.......drivers window wouldnt stay up.......exhaust fumes in the cabin......trim pieces simply falling off.......the worst heater system ever known to man.......various factory switches that had no function or so it seemed.....this is beginning to sound almost as bad as classic Maserati. And, the piece de resistance....the exploding engine! KABOOOM! There goes another $20,000! Anyway, I still want another one....who's selling?? Non-Anniversary only please.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
steelydave said:
My 5000S taught me one very important thing......everything that was ever said about the poor quality of Lamborghini was true. My car was built terribly as all of yours are, whether you admit it or not, and the reliability factor was even worse. Lets see.......drivers window wouldnt stay up.......exhaust fumes in the cabin......trim pieces simply falling off.......the worst heater system ever known to man.......various factory switches that had no function or so it seemed.....this is beginning to sound almost as bad as classic Maserati. And, the piece de resistance....the exploding engine! KABOOOM! There goes another $20,000! Anyway, I still want another one....who's selling?? Non-Anniversary only please.
Love/ hate relationship Dave?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this, it sounds as worse as it couldn't be true...

I saw many cars, most of them were simply treated by bad mechanics, my jalpa has 73t Km on the odo, runs strong, has good valve clearance and finally 31 and 33ppm HC at the two exhausts.

I think you simply got the badest one all over the world... my condolences

Could you tell us which was this was, Vin preferred.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I love it. A true enthusiast if there ever was one.

Sorry I almost edited your post, but didn't

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've got an '86 and no issues what-so-ever. Sorry to hear about your experince - was it a grey market car? Was it modded to comply to US standards? Year?
Alex

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
The good always outweights the bad. I have had a lot of problems too but that was, as Raymond said, due to a horrible mechanic. Any car that is 20 years old is going to need care and maintenance. But regardless we still love them all!!! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts