Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hand crafted to perfection is the all new IMS F1 carbon fiber steering! Words cant describe how amazing they are! If you will like to order one you can PM us with more info.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Would certainly solve the cluster visibility issue for me, but I use the 10/2 o'clock position often...which would be impossible for me with this.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I don't get it.

An F1 car can have a wheel like this because it goes lock to lock with less than 360 degrees of rotation...meaning your hands never leave the wheel.

With the rack in these cars, you are nowhere close to being able to do that.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't get it.

An F1 car can have a wheel like this because it goes lock to lock with less than 360 degrees of rotation...meaning your hands never leave the wheel.

With the rack in these cars, you are nowhere close to being able to do that.
Its more of a design thing. Looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I applaud the work that goes into pushing any boundaries....but this is something I simply don’t understand, especially at a $4k price point.

I’ve spent my entire adult working life in the aftermarket automotive industry. Specifically so in the manufacturing of aftermarket parts. The pricing strategies that go into the exotic car corridor for parts still baffles me.

There are a handful of manufacturers that don’t take advantage of those because they bought an expensive car.

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts
Most items for cars like this are priced like this because only a few will be sold. If it was a for a difference non exotic it would be way less.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I applaud the work that goes into pushing any boundaries....but this is something I simply don’t understand, especially at a $4k price point.

I’ve spent my entire adult working life in the aftermarket automotive industry. Specifically so in the manufacturing of aftermarket parts. The pricing strategies that go into the exotic car corridor for parts still baffles me.

There are a handful of manufacturers that don’t take advantage of those because they bought an expensive car.

If your in the industry then you know how expensive R&D is here in america. From the crazy labor laws to something thats handcrafted here in the USA prices go up. The amount of details that goes into making these steering wheel is nuts! Making sure the weave is perfect to the whole 9 yards. If you ever get to see one in person you will understand.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If your in the industry then you know how expensive R&D is here in america. From the crazy labor laws to something thats handcrafted here in the USA prices go up. The amount of details that goes into making these steering wheel is nuts! Making sure the weave is perfect to the whole 9 yards. If you ever get to see one in person you will understand.
Fair enough. I was on my second three fingers of whiskey when I typed that.

R&D on my side of the business really isn't that bad. We're in the exhaust corridor and specialize in domestic vehicles. Because we're not a board sponsor I'll spare you the name as not to violate any forum rules. We are one of the largest players in North America so that does afford us some R&D amortization that small cottage manufacturers can't experience unless theyre willing to bank on volume.

That said, our race team deals with CF all day every day. I'm very familiar with what it costs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts