Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I'm pretty familiar with the Dubai car market and it's still crazy to me how much cheaper cars are over there. The Murcielago SV is my all-time favorite Lamborghini and I found this one for sale by Al-Ain Class Motors (great people by the way)

There's also this UK example:

And a ducktail (rare!!) example from Germany:

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to import and/or register an exotic like this? The price difference is over $200k USD so wouldn't it be worth the hassle?
Some things of note:
-would have to pass DOT, EPA
-heard that if there is a US made equivalent (in this case a US-spec SV) then they won't allow it... wonder if that's true.

Thanks everyone for the input.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nearly impossible
Do some research
I did! Could have sworn you chimed in on a similar topic a while ago (or maybe I'm mixing people up.)
Came to that conclusion but we are in unprecedented times... and I've seen many impossible situations happen before and during COVID

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can try to import the Murci SV under "show and display".
Absolutely awesome to have you reply to me as always, you're definitely a great contributor to the forum.
Every international dealer has been more than willing to work with me; if I decide to go this route will be sure to post about it in full detail.
This is very different than, say, importing a 959, F1, or Skyline. I wonder how an imported Murcie SV (or any Lamborghini) would do on the market?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I did! Could have sworn you chimed in on a similar topic a while ago (or maybe I'm mixing people up.)
Came to that conclusion but we are in unprecedented times... and I've seen many impossible situations happen before and during COVID
I explored the idea of importing a Mercedes’ A45amg from Mexico to the United States. Now, this isbit different as this car does not have an equivelant in the United Tate she. Every import broker told e the same. Yes, I could have a show and exhibit importation, but not a driving everyday type of importation dot epa importation. I would have to buy 100 car, crash them, and that would prove to dot/epa if it did pass crash test, then smog test and retrofit the smog system.
No thank you. Now, I could drive it across the border for a year under a temporary importation, but once the year expired, it would need to go back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts