Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;
I'm looking into getting a G-Car and would like to know if anyone has any experience importing one into Canada from the States.
I'm curious, on the "how to import" web site;
http://www.riv.ca/english/html/how_to_import.html
it does not list any lambos. It says any cars not listed are inadmissible.
I find it hard to believe that G-Cars are inadmissible.
Anyone have any experience or advice on how to go about doing this.
I don't want to buy one and then find out I can't bring it in.
Thanks!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lambos fifteen years and older are admissable otherwise none are allowed in. You will not get a U.S. spec car into the country.
Let me know what you are looking for and I will likely know of a few for sale in Canada.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Again you can not import a lambo into Canada unless its 15 years or older. However I have heard rumours that special edition lambo's are admissable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
YellowMurci said:
hate to ask a dumb question but dont they sell the cars in canada??
Look at our prices! they are crazy! thats why people look into buying sports cars in the US ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are lots for sale in Canada but I would be able to save big bucks buying a US car as apposed to a Canadian car.
Anyone know why they won't let new Lambos in? They allow F430's, 360's, F355's in, why not the Lambo?
I was looking at a 360, but my buddy has a 2K4 G-Car with e-gear, boy that thing rocks!!! Got me comming over to the D A R K S I D E ! ! !

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
canadian importation

No new or currently made (but used) Lamborghini models are permitted for Canadian importation.

At this time, there are some exceptions on used, but no longer produced models. However, for 1999 and later vehicles expect a federalization cost of approximately US$15,000.00. This is for Canadian spec's bumpers, daytime running lights and the like. For earlier vehicles less than 15 years old that don't have a child bolster, it is a cost prohibitive conversion as the bolster is part of the sub-frame. Basically, to date only 1999 Roadsters and SV have been imported -- once you add the US$15,000 on to the price, as well as import duties and transport, there is no real savings.

Used '04 Gallardos are starting to drop in price in Canada.... You have to remember that the Canadian Government imposes significant import duties on the vehicles and that the base vehicles have significantly more options than their US counterparts as well. Both factors lead to higher pricing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sucks!
I can pick up a used 04 in the States for around $145,000.00 USD.
Toronto Lambo wants to sell its used 04's for around $255,000.00 CAD.
Right now the Canadian Dollar is doing well and I would still save taking the exchange rate. Because of free trade I thought it was duty free, just pay the GST and exchange rate.
Hummm... what to do, what to do???

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
import duties

Free Trade between the U.S. and Canada only applies to products made in either of the two countries -- Lambos are made in Italy and are subject to the same import duty as a Porsche, Bentley, Lotus or any other vehicle not made in the States.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Sparro said:
That sucks!
I can pick up a used 04 in the States for around $145,000.00 USD.
Toronto Lambo wants to sell its used 04's for around $255,000.00 CAD.
Right now the Canadian Dollar is doing well and I would still save taking the exchange rate. Because of free trade I thought it was duty free, just pay the GST and exchange rate.
Hummm... what to do, what to do???
what would that come to in US dollars?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
about US$215k -- you also have to compare apples to apples, as I believe that the one that Toronto has is fully optioned with transparent engine bonnet and the like....

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Dalecorp said:
about US$215k -- you also have to compare apples to apples, as I believe that the one that Toronto has is fully optioned with transparent engine bonnet and the like....
DAAAMMMMMNNNN!!!! I would be smuggling cars into Canada!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does Roy know anything about bringing an '04 G-Car into Canada from the States or is this something that I should forget about?

·
Registered
64 Posts
:D why does are country have to suck so much when it comes to car laws, damnit.....maybe you can check out Johnscotti.ca see if they have anything to offer you...its in MTL i heard and saw that they have 2 Gallardo SE`s, one titanium one orange, and some normal gallardos as well,worth a try, its a canadian dealer....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts