Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to be more specific what i want to know exactly is a 1998 diablo roadster built for the USA meet transport canada standards(safety,etc) to be licenced and driven in CANADA,not the taxes and duty part that i know,thanks again

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
ferrari8 said:
to be more specific what i want to know exactly is a 1998 diablo roadster built for the USA meet transport canada standards(safety,etc) to be licenced and driven in CANADA,not the taxes and duty part that i know,thanks again
Odds are you are not going to get a definitive answer but rather general answers.

You would be better calling Canadian RIV. The list of admissible and non-admissible vehicles is quiet re lamborghini.

For some clues see: http://www.riv.ca/english/html/mod_inspect_requirements.html

A USA 1998 roadster would have the kilo speedo, probably the child restraint. It will not have the daytime running lights but that maybe configurable in the fuse box. No idea re the airbag bizo.

Seems you also get a 45 day "grace" period to comply.

-mick

·
Registered
283 Posts
bmwracer, since you live in toronto, you should know the answer to a question i have. do you think the lamborghini dealership there would let me test drive one? (not planning on buying one YET.... gotta wait a few years)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TO:bmwracer

Called LAMBO CANADA they where not sure about the specific model.so i sent an email to RIV and waiting for the answer,but looks good because all recent FERRARIS on thier website are ADMISSIBLE.
PS:bmwracer you seem sure but lack of info.as to why not.Is it because you sell LAMBOS in CANADA and afraid to miss a sale.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
bmwracer said:
You cannot bring the car into Canada.Lambo Canada will not allow it.Don't waste your time
The import control of used cars is with RIV - not the manfacturer.

-mick

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Roadster (Canadian) Importation

Diablos in general may not be imported into Canada pre-1999 most specifically due to the lack of the child safety bolster which believe it or not is part of the sub-frame and is very expensive to implement. Roadsters are partially eligible for importation as they were considered limited/special edition vehicles, but it is on a case by case basis whereby the VIN must be specification pre-approved by a gentleman out of the States for Transport Canada.

Even on this basis, there is still a federalization requirement including bumpers, daytime running lights and the like that one should likely budget $20,000-$30,000 for....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dalecorp said:
Diablos in general may not be imported into Canada pre-1999 most specifically due to the lack of the child safety bolster which believe it or not is part of the sub-frame and is very expensive to implement. Roadsters are partially eligible for importation as they were considered limited/special edition vehicles, but it is on a case by case basis whereby the VIN must be specification pre-approved by a gentleman out of the States for Transport Canada.

Even on this basis, there is still a federalization requirement including bumpers, daytime running lights and the like that one should likely budget $20,000-$30,000 for....
Harvey, great to see another Vancouver resident on here

·
Registered
584 Posts
What Harvey says makes sense. I can only speak on US Law and noticed that certain years Roadsters were eligable, but not the coupe... Could be the same school of thought, limited production....

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
fl_355 said:
What Harvey says makes sense. I can only speak on US Law and noticed that certain years Roadsters were eligable, but not the coupe... Could be the same school of thought, limited production....

:eek: :wave: DUDE were have u been?? missed ur posts... and ur car :D

ssorry for the off topic guys...

but welcome back

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dalecorp said:

Excellent bit of information. One skeptic told me that it was just the dealers way of protecting market share and keeping prices high (i.e. $200K for an 04 Gallardo)
With respect to the gentleman who must approve importation, one government employee told me the fellow was actually from Lamborghini in the U.S.A.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts