1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div class="truncate-wrap">
<div class="msg-wrap">
<div class="msg-wrap">Great News!
We are happy to announce we are improving security across our network and adding Secure Sockets Layer or SSL to the site. This means going forward you'll see Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS); the secure version of HTTP, the protocol used to send data between your browser and the website that you are connected to. This means all communications between your browser and the website will have another layer of encryption. We take the security of your data seriously so updates like this do happen from time to time. There is no downtime or major issues anticipated in this change. If you do notice anything about the site operating not as it should please make sure we are the first to know. You can send a PM to this account with details and we can investigate. Thanks, and if you have any questions about this let me know.
-Your Admin Team</div>

</div>
</div>

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,010 Posts
I’m finding almost all posts under “active topic” are blank?

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
The secure flag for the database has to be set to 1 or “on” when the http socket is secure (https). And old threads have to be set to secure as well if there is flag for that. Otherwise, you will get empty posts like now.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I’m finding almost all posts under “active topic” are blank?
Same here, all old posts are blank when you click on them, so is my private messages inbox.

·
Premium Member
13,010 Posts
The secure flag for the database has to be set to 1 or “on” when the http socket is secure (https). And old threads have to be set to secure as well if there is flag for that. Otherwise, you will get empty posts like now.
I'm lost Lol!

I wonder if the problem started with the security update?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I am guessing it did...Sakura is probably right...and there is something the coders need to fix

·
Vendor
1,708 Posts
I contacted Verticalscope yesterday. I was told that they are upgrading and transferring files to Google cloud and it should be ok soon. I thought it would be done by last night. But when I checked today, I noticed that we are having the same problems. I contacted them again. I was told that he will talk to their tech department. I will call them again tomorrow and we'll keep you guys updated. I hope it'll be fixed soon...

·
Vendor
1,708 Posts
<div class="truncate-wrap">
<div class="msg-wrap">
<div class="msg-wrap">Great News!
We are happy to announce we are improving security across our network and adding Secure Sockets Layer or SSL to the site. This means going forward you'll see Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS); the secure version of HTTP, the protocol used to send data between your browser and the website that you are connected to. This means all communications between your browser and the website will have another layer of encryption. We take the security of your data seriously so updates like this do happen from time to time. There is no downtime or major issues anticipated in this change. If you do notice anything about the site operating not as it should please make sure we are the first to know. You can send a PM to this account with details and we can investigate. Thanks, and if you have any questions about this let me know.
-Your Admin Team</div>

</div>
</div>
Please let us know why so many threads are blank and why it's taking so long to come back. Thanks

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Still no workie for me...and I think it's not what they are saying necessarily. Might be that it was hacked...a more likely explanation.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Still can't view private messages either

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
same here...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I hope backups where done properly... But I am seriously thinking to move my threads to other sites.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
That's a lot of work...and not much point IMO. This site is the most widely used and most popular for Lambo

·
Registered
662 Posts
Is there a status on site repair?

·
Premium Member
13,010 Posts
I am surprised we have not heard anything about what happened and what is the result of what has happened. It seems that by now if the loss of data was retrievable it would be back. Hope I’m wrong, what a loss that would be.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
See my post in the Huracan forum...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts