Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deposit with my local dealership to ordered a RWD Spyder and #2 in line for an allocation. I am aware of another dealership who has an allocation now. Should I go with the dealership who has the allocation now or wait with my local dealer?

Also, Does anyone know the status of the sport seats? Are they available to be ordered now?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
I have purchased 3 Lamborghinis' in about a year from a dealership that is about 1200 miles away, and I could not be happier. The dealerships that are local to me are not, at least for me, user friendly so, I have had absolutely no problem buying from a distant dealership. Although, I purchased from another state I have had a local Lamborghini dealership perform the needed service/warranty work. So far that has worked out acceptably.
Bottom line, a bird or EVO in the hand is worth 10 or more on the elusive waiting list. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
One other bit of free advice, if this distant dealership has an allocation and they will SUBMIT the order immediately then I advise not waiting long lest that allocation will vanish post haste. ;)

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo RWD (ordered)
7 Posts
I have purchased 3 Lamborghinis' in about a year from a dealership that is about 1200 miles away, and I could not be happier. The dealerships that are local to me are not, at least for me, user friendly
Can you expand on "user friendly"? It seems you are in the Austin area. I ordered mine from the Austin dealership and am waiting. Is there anything I should be on the lookout for?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Can you expand on "user friendly"? It seems you are in the Austin area. I ordered mine from the Austin dealership and am waiting. Is there anything I should be on the lookout for?
It's a long story that I have recounted many times but in a nutshell I tried to work mostly with Lamborghini Dallas and Houston and they would never respond in a time efficient manner or at all. My experience with Austin dealership has been mostly with Joshua, the head of the service department, and he is responsive, helpful, and sharp but I have looked at a few preowned cars at the Austin dealership even pre-pandemic and they were just not competitively priced. I may be in the market to buy a second EVO and again I will be going outside of Texas for that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You know the old expression "buy the seller"...same applies to dealers. If you have a solid local dealer you can build a relationship with who will go out of their way to support you then totally worth it. Otherwise no real benefit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a long story that I have recounted many times but in a nutshell I tried to work mostly with Lamborghini Dallas and Houston and they would never respond in a time efficient manner or at all. My experience with Austin dealership has been mostly with Joshua, the head of the service department, and he is responsive, helpful, and sharp but I have looked at a few preowned cars at the Austin dealership even pre-pandemic and they were just not competitively priced. I may be in the market to buy a second EVO and again I will be going outside of Texas for that.
Ah ok thanks for the info. Non-responsive businesses seem to be the new trend in the last couple of years. So far I've had a good experience with the dealership in Austin. I was told to expect 8-10 month wait back in July. I was planning on reaching out soon for an update, so we'll see!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Ah ok thanks for the info. Non-responsive businesses seem to be the new trend in the last couple of years. So far I've had a good experience with the dealership in Austin. I was told to expect 8-10 month wait back in July. I was planning on reaching out soon for an update, so we'll see!
Has your order been submitted yet, that is, is it "Status 30 Submitted"?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has your order been submitted yet, that is, is it "Status 30 Submitted"?
Good question. I haven't asked for a LOOM screenshot or anything of the sort. I just have an order number from the order agreement. Does submitted mean that the dealership has an allocation and it's your orders turn? I think they mentioned it would be a few months before they had an allocation available. It seems like they only get 2 or so a month from what I gathered.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Does submitted mean that the dealership has an allocation and it's your orders turn? I think they mentioned it would be a few months before they had an allocation available. It seems like they only get 2 or so a month from what I gathered.
As to the first part, correct, they have an allocation and then they submit your order to Lamborghini factory to start the clock ticking then once that is accomplished you're looking at 5 months until delivery. In my case I had an order number as of the 3rd of May but the order was not submitted until the 13th of May........then the games began. :giggle:

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
As to the first part, correct, they have an allocation and then they submit your order to Lamborghini factory to start the clock ticking then once that is accomplished you're looking at 5 months until delivery. In my case I had an order number as of the 3rd of May but the order was not submitted until the 13th of May........then the games began. :giggle:
That's exciting. The waiting is going to kill me. All I can do now is watch Youtube videos and live vicariously. How are the logistics going to work for you? Are you going to have to arrange for shipment from the dealership or are you going to pick it up?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Waiting is not really all that bad and the time passes and the Youtube videos do help pass the time. Funny you asked about my car delivery because I was just discussing that with my SA today and he would like the wife and I to fly out and see the dealership and meet the staff. I have never set foot in the dealership and bought all cars sight unseen............the last one is a new order so it's an easy deal to execute long distance. No sure yet how I will handle it but my wife is all in, in fact, I better not say anything or she will have us packed and on a plane before I know it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a deposit with my local dealership to ordered a RWD Spyder and #2 in line for an allocation. I am aware of another dealership who has an allocation now. Should I go with the dealership who has the allocation now or wait with my local dealer?

Also, Does anyone know the status of the sport seats? Are they available to be ordered now?
If an out of state dealer is offering up an allocation to you AND they will cover shipping in an enclosed transport or reduce the purchase price to cover shipping then it is a no brainer.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I would say local if you want to build a relationship and plan to buy new Lambos in the future. The more new Lambos you buy, the higher you're on the list and the better chance you have of getting early allocations for models.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts