Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must say today was one of the best days i've had in a few months. I finally had a chance to drive a Gallardo today and I am honestly in love with the car. I was planning on buying a used Gallardo two months ago but i've been having some problems with my business and the money I was suppose use for the Gallardo is tighted up. It was a normal start to a normal day, a ex-client of mine called me and wanted to come by my office. But thats where my normal day would end. 15 mins later, I get a call and it was this client and he tells me to look out the window, I look out and I see a bright sliver Gallardo. My eyes lite up and I felt like a little boy in a toy store. I dropped everything and basically ran outside to have a chance to see the car upclose. But this is what really made my day, the ex-client walks up and says "do you want a ride in it"? No "Hi" or "how's it going" but just straight to the point. I was like of course, so I start walking over to the passenger side and he goes "no, I mean do you want to drive it?". I couldn't believe he was actually handing over the keys and trusting me with his baby and of course I couldn't turn down the offer so I said thank you about a 100 times and jumped into the drivers seat with him in the passenger. Prior to me driving this Gallardo, I had a chance to test drive one at the B Hill dealership but it was only for a few mins. So put the key in, started it up and my god did it sound so sexy. I slowly pulled out with the windows rolled down and turned onto a side street which is closed the public. I slowed down and I put my foot down enough to get a feel for the car and lets just say I think I wet my pants. I had to return to the office so I pulled around and made our way back to the parking lot. I got out and I couldnt stop looking at the car, it was so beautiful. I walked over and told my ex-client that this was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done. He just laughed and told me I could take it for a longer drive if I wanted too but I declined and thank'd him for letting me and trusting me to drive his baby. I can say that he is one of the most nicest down to earth guys I have ever met and it really shows that people who drive exotic cars are not all cocky and big headed.

After today I know now that I want the Gallardo no matter what anyone says wll maybe if my wife stops me, but i would risk living in the Gallardo for the rest our marrige, if there is a marriage left :p . I am in love with this car and if everything works out for me work wise, I'll have a deposit down by end of this month and archive my dream of owning a Gallardo. Sorry guys for this long and pointless thread but I had to share my story with someone and who better to share with then Gallardo owners themselves. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Haha, I totally understand how you feel even though I'm not an owner of a Lambo yet. You sounded really excited and so would I if I were to be able to drive one for a while, it would be such an unforgettable experience.

You might want to consider the Spyder maybe? The upcoming new Gallardo has nicer wheels installed than the current (IMO). Maybe you'd wanna wait for that.

Thanks for sharing, good luck with the business and your wife :evil: and dont forget to post pictures when you've purchased one.

:wave:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congratulations on your first drive. Here's to a smooth purchase and many more drives like that one in the future!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drove a Gallardo for the first time in March of this year (yellow e-gear) and was hopelessly hooked. For the next several months I KEPT looking and yearning, and then decided life is too short to wait any longer. (I have wanted a lambo since I saw a Miura for the first time in the late 60's) So I bought a black 6-speed on June 2nd! I will have to cool it a little - have put 800 miles on the car since then, including a track day at Willow Springs. What a mechanically perfect and flawless car so far. So don't wait too long, your wife will get over it (mine did, and even likes the car - but not enough to want to drive it thank goodness)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts