Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preface: I'm new to buying exotics or used cars in general

I'm eyeing this listing: Autotrader - page unavailable

But I'm sketched out by two things: that the car was leased then auctioned off by the original dealer and the dealer that bought it seems to have really bad reviews

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I tried to work w/ that dealer before on a Benz I was looking at. I asked them all sorts of questions and I wouldn't get clear and direct answers. I personally wouldn't deal w/ them seeing the bad taste they left in my mouth and I'm just talking about a CLS63. Not even an exotic.

Reactions: johnsm1

·
Registered
141 Posts
Johnsm1, when if doesn't feel right, most of the time it's not.

These are the sellers comments "No drivers license. Cheapest down payment. CALL NOW!!! Our requirements are as simple as 1+2. 1)Proof Of Income: Most recent 2 pay stubs or-Most recent 3 months bank statements or a Job Letter. 2)Proof Of Residence: Electric, cable, or phone bill. For further questions contact us now".

These comments would make me RUN, not walk away from this deal. This dealer does not care about the type of car he sells, he just wants a sale. If possible, purchase a Lambo from a Lambo dealer! The vast majority of them do not sell junk. Try to get a CPO car, if you can.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to work w/ that dealer before on a Benz I was looking at. I asked them all sorts of questions and I wouldn't get clear and direct answers. I personally wouldn't deal w/ them seeing the bad taste they left in my mouth and I'm just talking about a CLS63. Not even an exotic.
Thanks for telling me about your experience with them! I definitely won’t buy from them

Johnsm1, when if doesn't feel right, most of the time it's not.

These are the sellers comments "No drivers license. Cheapest down payment. CALL NOW!!! Our requirements are as simple as 1+2. 1)Proof Of Income: Most recent 2 pay stubs or-Most recent 3 months bank statements or a Job Letter. 2)Proof Of Residence: Electric, cable, or phone bill. For further questions contact us now".

This would make me RUN, not walk away from this deal. This dealer does not care about the type of car he sells, he just wants a sale period. If possible, attempt to purchase a Lambo from a Lambo dealer, most of the time it works much better! The vast majority of them do not sell junk. Try to get a CPO car, if you can.
Thanks for the advice! Yea so many red flags came up, but just had to ask to be sure.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
A poor dealer does not make a good car bad. I’d see if the original dealer you mentioned will give you any intel. They have no skin in the game at this point. Curious how this dealer would end up with it though. If I stayed away from sketchy dealers there’s a good chance I may have not ever bought a car in my life! Haha!!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
First rule of thumb when it comes to buying exotics

I always buy from a dealer who sponsors that marque. So many things can go wrong in purchasing a high dollar car, I would rather mitigate any lack of knowledge.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,845 Posts

I always buy from a dealer who sponsors that marque. So many things can go wrong in purchasing a high dollar car, I would rather mitigate any lack of knowledge.
Absolutely the best advice.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts

Unless you know the prior owner. Otherwise yes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Do you mean dealers with the "Lamborghini" branding in their name like "Lamborghini X"?

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Do you mean dealers with the "Lamborghini" branding in their name like "Lamborghini X"?
As in Dealer of Lamborghini
I don't walk away from dealers that have high end cars along with low end cars, I RUN!
Sure as ****, when That exotic goes to a dealer like this, some mechanic who has no idea what that Lamborghini is about has touched it.
These dealers will tell you all kinds of fancy stories and very rarely can back them up.
Under dealer comments:
No drivers license. Cheapest down payment. CALL NOW!!! Our requirements are as simple as 1+2. 1)Proof Of Income: Most recent 2 pay stubs or-Most recent 3 months bank statements or a Job Letter. 2)Proof Of Residence: Electric, cable, or phone bill. For further questions contact us now.

Is this the type of dealer you want to deal with?

Now, there are exceptions.......CatsExotics is one.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
^^Agree, buy "X" brand car from "X" dealerships given they know the cars and won't take one in their inventory unless they are pretty sure it's a winner. Of course, you still need to exercise due diligence and still need to get an independent inspection but that is best practice.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I somewhat agree about staying away from a sketchy dealer. Here is what I would do If it's really the car you want, make sure you check it out in person and have a proper mechanic look it over. Protect yourself and never trust any dealer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts