Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 18, I live in Southern California and just started a promising new business, I estimate within a year or so I'll be in the market to possibly buy a Huracan. Do you think I would encounter any problems in seeking a test drive of a Huracan at my local Lamborghini Dealership? I drove a friends Performante about 3 months ago so I have experience with these cars.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I think you will have a challenge.
if you do go to the dealership, establish a relationship with someone there, set and appointment before you go down.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I agree with Top Carbon.
Start your relationship.
A briefcase full of cash, to buy the car, would not hurt your chances either LOL.

·
Registered
48 Posts
As long as you come off as a serious professional buyer and set up an appointment you shouldn't have any troubles. Of course a liquidity check will need to be done as well so your dealer knows that you can afford the car. For test drives the main problem could be insurance. If your insurance (or the dealer's insurance) doesn't allow test drives for people under the age of 26 for example then there's nothing you can do except possibly take a passenger seat test drive. Good luck with your business!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,897 Posts
I would call first to set up an appointment and at that time tell them your age and details of your interest. Ask if it is possible to get a test drive. This way you don’t waste your time going in blind.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
Agree with Russ, a call first would be prudent especially with the COVID monster lurking about. Some Lamborghini dealerships are keeping their doors locked to mitigate COVID spread which clearly discourages, to some extent, foot traffic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Skyronin,

I agree with all the comments. Most all dealers have certain rules when dealing with inventory cars and test drives. An age is one of the most common things as well as over night test drives. The requirements are to cut down on dealers and employees letting friends and family "joy"ride with liability placed on the insurance carrier. I doubt that high end dealerships are any different. If you actually wreck a dealers car, their insurance is considered primary. Unlike if you wreck a friends car, your insurance is primary. With this in mind, I think you can get a test drive but the rules will be much more stringent due to your age. Just a heads up. I would call ahead of time and explain your situation and get a verbal ok before you are dissapointed.

Mike

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm 18, I live in Southern California and just started a promising new business, I estimate within a year or so I'll be in the market to possibly buy a Huracan. Do you think I would encounter any problems in seeking a test drive of a Huracan at my local Lamborghini Dealership? I drove a friends Performante about 3 months ago so I have experience with these cars.
Go to the dealership with your friend. Make sure you guys go with his Performante. Then have your friend ask to test drive the Huracan. Go with him. The dealership shouldn’t have to much of a problem. That said, I’m not too sure if you would be able to drive it, unless you ask.

good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it depends on the dealer. When I was younger they would not let me test drive a Dodge Viper period. Granted it was a dodge dealership and there most expensive car at 95k. I was 28 at the time and little did they know I could have bought the car in cash

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Several questions come to mind. First, Are you paying cash? At your age no lender is going to finance you without a huge down payment or very impressive financials (Like multi seven figure net worth) Second , if you just started a promising business, why not build the business instead of tying up 200K plus in a toy. Third. In business Murphys law rules. Everything that can go wrong will. You do not have enough years experience to even know what those things could be. If your business is making 7 figures and you have bank then it is probably ok. I dont know what your status is so it is hard to give advice on the test drive. It is great you have the goal just make sure it is realistic. Insurance is going to be brutal.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Lee, why do you have to pee all over the dream with rational thinking and good judgment?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
All true Lee but now on the bright side 🌞...................... 🤣

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I just needed to pee. LOL

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,114 Posts
OP any update with the Huracan test drive?

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
In the real world, someone who is 18 and has "very promising prospects which might allow him/her to afford a Huracan in a year" just wants a joy ride. Nothing wrong with big dreams and wanting joy rides, but if he/she is honest with the dealer (which he/she should be), I'll take the opposite side of that bet any day. Hell, I love joy rides.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you go in there saying you're "starting a business and can afford one in a year", no. You're not getting a test drive.

Telling them you have rich parents and/or a trust fund is probably more likely to result in a drive. Not even kidding.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Just go in and tell them you made 500K on the game stop reddit deal and want a lambo. One of my employees made 230K off a 3k investment. (He bought a house)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts