Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running on P Zero Corsa currently. On my 2008 the door says 35 PSI for both front and back (cold reading).

However the manual says 45 PSI for both front and back (cold reading).

Major discrepancy there! Which is it? Or another number altogether?

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago in Rosso Andromeda
625 Posts
I'm running on P Zero Corsa currently. On my 2008 the door says 35 PSI for both front and back (cold reading).

However the manual says 45 PSI for both front and back (cold reading).

Major discrepancy there! Which is it? Or another number altogether?
I always go with what is on the door.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone else wanna share what theirs says? Why do some LP640s say 35 on the door while others say 45?

·
Registered
309 Posts
FWIW 45 seems high.
Driving at 100 mph runs will get that pressure over 50 psi.

My opinion...35 is correct.

Pyrometer is the tool to find a true answer for your individual car if you can attain the Pirelli operating temp range.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah I agree 45 seems high for cold, but strange thing is that the 2008 manual says 45 and it looks like on first gen Murcie it's what's printed on all the doors, too. It's the LP 640 which seems to have conflicting numbers of 35 and 45 being recommended.

Don't have a pyrometer but looks like a good tool.

I have my tires all at 36 PSI (cold) and my TPMS indicator has been on ever since I got the car delivered to MI from CA. Had all 4 tires replaced within the last 100 miles in CA. I had several things done on it at home in CA at Raging Bull, before I shipped it out to my place in Michigan. I'm tempted to boost the pressure to see if that turns off the indicator.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My door sticker says set tire pressure to 3.1 bars. When you convert 3.1 bars to PSI it is 44.9. Depending on the weather I set it at 42 or 44 PSI . 42 PSI gives a softer ride and more grip. Once the tire pressure is at or under 40 there is a visual difference and you can see the tire squat a bit. It's very important to check your tire pressure often, especially if you plan to drive fast! Since it's summer time 42 is perfect.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My door sticker says set tire pressure to 3.1 bars. When you convert 3.1 bars to PSI it is 44.9. Depending on the weather I set it at 42 or 44 PSI . 42 PSI gives a softer ride and more grip. Once the tire pressure is at or under 40 there is a visual difference and you can see the tire squat a bit. It's very important to check your tire pressure often, especially if you plan to drive fast! Since it's summer time 42 is perfect.
I can go along with 42 in the summer and driving fast.
35 as mentioned above seems way to low.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Interesting scenario. I just looked at the manual in my '09 (pg. 243) and it states 35psi cold, which is the same as sticker the on the door.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Interesting scenario. I just looked at the manual in my '09 (pg. 243) and it states 35psi cold, which is the same as sticker the on the door.
Mine is a pre LP, looks there is a difference between LP and Pre LP for some reason.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Mine is a pre LP, looks there is a difference between LP and Pre LP for some reason.
That's what I initially thought was going on, but my manual is for a LP (2008) and it says 45.

Anyone reading - please keep sharing what year you have and what your door says. Let's see if we can find a pattern as to which say 35 vs 45.

Does anyone have a trusted Lambo mechanic, or better yet, know someone at Lambo corporate, they could ask to get to the bottom of this?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah I agree 45 seems high for cold, but strange thing is that the 2008 manual says 45 and it looks like on first gen Murcie it's what's printed on all the doors, too. It's the LP 640 which seems to have conflicting numbers of 35 and 45 being recommended.

Don't have a pyrometer but looks like a good tool.

I have my tires all at 36 PSI (cold) and my TPMS indicator has been on ever since I got the car delivered to MI from CA. Had all 4 tires replaced within the last 100 miles in CA. I had several things done on it at home in CA at Raging Bull, before I shipped it out to my place in Michigan. I'm tempted to boost the pressure to see if that turns off the indicator.
Does your TPMS light flash for 30 secs or so when you turn on the ignition then go solid? If so it means that the batteries in the units in the tires are worn out.
Most 2008 and 2009 Murcies are doing this as the batteries last approx. 10 years.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It may very well be the batteries, if 35 truly is what they are supposed to be. I'm guessing that changing the batteries requires taking the wheels off?

·
Registered
217 Posts
It may very well be the batteries, if 35 truly is what they are supposed to be. I'm guessing that changing the batteries requires taking the wheels off?
Yup, you need to dismount the tires.
Stupidly I put new tires on my car just a few months before my sensors went out and am now debating if I should wait until new tire time or go ahead and do them now.
FYI you need new sensors as the batteries are sealed inside them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's what I initially thought was going on, but my manual is for a LP (2008) and it says 45.

Anyone reading - please keep sharing what year you have and what your door says. Let's see if we can find a pattern as to which say 35 vs 45.

Does anyone have a trusted Lambo mechanic, or better yet, know someone at Lambo corporate, they could ask to get to the bottom of this?
Despite what's on the door or in the manual we still need to reference what the tire states. On Corsa's max psi is 50psi (front) and 51psi (rear). As someone noted earlier you'd be hard-pressed to have a manufacturer spec a tire that's within ~ 10% of its max air pressure.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
Gallardo is 35 front, 32 rear. I know the V12 is a heavier engine than a V10, but 45 PSI is crazy high.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 06 Murcielago Coupe. I am running Pirelli Corsa Tires on Factory Hercules wheels.

My Door says:"Cold Tire Inflation Pressure" Front 310 KPa , 45 PSI. Rear 310 KPa, 45 Psi.
"See Owners Manual For Additional Information"

My 2006 Owners Manual says:
"Cold Tyre inflation pressure Regular use:"
Front 37.7 psi (2.6 bar)
Rear 36.3 psi (2.5 bar)
"Permanent use at speed >290 km/h:"
Front 46.4 psi (3.2 bar)
Rear 46.4 psi (3.2 bar)

Hope that info helps

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone for sharing. Other owners, keep it coming.

I decided to split the difference, partially, and bump all 4 of mine up from 35 to 38 PSI (cold). Will be on a long drive today, see how it handles.

·
Vendor
2,621 Posts
Do you guys have the same issue Gallardo owners have? The TPMS won't tell you the actual pressures, only when you tires are low? DUMB!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts