Lamborghini Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :) I am thinking about careers right now and I am thinking about becoming a Dentist. Do you think it would be a good career?. I know its 8 years of school but after that and a few years to get settled in and making 125,000+ a year and Driving In a Lamborghini ( I hope thats enough money to lease or w/e) the 8 years will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The best carereers at the moment seem to be Corporate Ceo's and Estate Executors, followed by Wall Street Con Artists followed by Drug Lords Followed by Politicians!

The rest of the worlds populace "generally speaking" has to work for thier money!

·
Registered
44 Posts
lol, well put...But if you are going through 8 years of hell, go to medical school. Im going into Reproductive Endocrinology(Im in med school right now)...expect half a mill to 2 mill if you are good.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Go to med school Like stated above. Dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession!! You will never be happy!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to be a pilot, i think that should get me across :)

And i dont understand how can people be dentists and such, what enjoyment out of life do you get looking at random people's teeth whole day :confused:

I love flying so being a pilot Ill enjoy what im doing and make money. I wont even consider it a work :cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just want a Job thats with lots of Money so I can get a Lambo :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:( Any other job recomendations that will pay enough to lease a Lambo (doesnt have to be the ones in My sig) P.S I dont think Im smart enough to be a Dentist I think you have to be really smart

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do what really interests you. I happen to love the tropics...became a Pirate by luck. Have never been more secure financialy or happier just doing as I please.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Instead of a Dentist, you should become what I will be VERY soon! An Orthodontist. This is an excerpt from a webpage I found online that you may find very interesting:

"For a 35-hour week, orthodontists earn a median (average) of $350,000 per year. General Dentists earn less than half that much working a 47 hour week. Its two extra years of college and a vastly rewarding investment if your among the chosen."--Taken from the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
paith said:
Instead of a Dentist, you should become what I will be VERY soon! An Orthodontist. This is an excerpt from a webpage I found online that you may find very interesting:

"For a 35-hour week, orthodontists earn a median (average) of $350,000 per year. General Dentists earn less than half that much working a 47 hour week. Its two extra years of college and a vastly rewarding investment if your among the chosen."--Taken from the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics
Yeah Orthadontists make awesome money but they are very very Smart arnt they? Im not the type of person who gets 90's in all My classes

·
Registered
323 Posts
i think im going to study science to become a plastic surgeon. they earn lots of money and im interested in healthcare and pretty good at school.
so that will be: 4 years university to become a doctor, 4 years to become a sugeon, and 2 years to become a plastic surgeon. so thats 4+4+2=10 years of studying :confused: . but i dont know whats the best place to set up my own practise, wheres the big money guys? is it monaco, is it hollywood, is it hongkong? well, 10 years is a long time, enough time to think about this :) .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hate to break it to you Diablo4ever, but your math is a little off. 4 years university, 4years medical school, 5 years residency for plastic surgery +2 to 3 years fellowhip if desired.
thats 4 + 4 + 5 +(3) = 13-16 years.
Here a few stats for you people who want to be doctors for the money (A horrible reason to be a doctor, but to each their own) Residents make 46,000 a year gross, enjoy !!!! I know I am

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.