Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,301 Posts
The bottom line is, if you truly love the car and it does look like first quality, then go for it. You are paying a premium but maybe it’s worth it. I’m not good delaying gratification. If it was everything I was looking for and in mint condition I probably would just buy it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Do you think this is a good price point or should I keep pushing for 190's?
I would definitely push lower, and reiterate that you’re serious, but that you don’t feel like they’re really getting how serious you are about the car.

That’s really the difference for most dealerships. They don’t want to seem desperate to drop the price to make the deal, because that sets a precedent that they’ll mark a ton off. If they hold strong for the first while, then it seems like they don’t have ANY wiggle room.

I would clarify that you want them to be able to make money, and you don’t want to play games, but that through all your research that the price isn’t quite where you believe it should be. Offer a deposit or something if you can come to agreeable terms.

I cave pretty easily when someone has data to back up why my price is too high (maybe because that’s super rare for my cars). You can’t just try to negotiate for no reason. I also appreciate when someone doesn’t hide that they’re serious about the car if we can make the right deal. Try to understand their side and I think you’d be surprised how much you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,301 Posts
Wrex makes good sense, very good advice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I tried an he said “No..we do not have 15k profit in a used car sorry” I’m not sure I believe that lol
I have an issue with this, it’s not your problem nor your concern about the money they make off the car, so why are they telling you this? we don’t know the situation or how you discussed anything with the dealer but if sales if unable to play ball or even counter, then what’s the rest of the dealer experience going to be like?

at the end of the day, you seem attached to this car and looking for justification here to purchase it. So whether you’ll take all the good advice shared, doesn’t matter if you’re going to do what you want anyways.

I cave pretty easily when someone has data to back up why my price is too high (maybe because that’s super rare for my cars).
i doubt this guy provides and the sales budge, just tell them thanks and take your business elsewhere

·
Registered
66 Posts
but if sales if unable to play ball or even counter, then what’s the rest of the dealer experience going to be like?

i doubt this guy provides and the sales budge, just tell them thanks and take your business elsewhere
I have run into some similar situations lately. One they did not counter and just said I need to be closer to the listing price. I am not going to negotiate against myself so I guess that is the end of things if not interested in a counter. The other just said the price (~$179k) is firm, period. No budging at all. On both I had offered about $10k less than the list price because not only do the comps indicate that they should be lower, but also to give myself slight room to move up if a negotiation in good faith began.

Both of these are random dealers, non-authorized Lambo dealers. Look like smaller shops you'd think would want to play ball. The $179k guy said it is owned by the owner of the dealership. They are newer listings, under 30 days I think so can't say I am surprised in the stubbornness.

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
Are you talking about Boss Exotics? That's not even a real dealership so I would stay away from them. Negotiating is about much more than offering a price. It's who you're talking to, what you're saying, etc. Anyway, to answer the OP, that price for a 16 low mile spyder isn't incredibly high. To put it in perspective, a low mile 15 coupe goes for around 170k. So you do the math...1 year newer, and a spyder, for call it 25k. 1 MY newer means something and so does the spyder, as the MSRP was higher. If you love the car, walk in, talk to the sales manager, and use logic to negotiate it. Let them know you understand that their "margin" might be less but just because they gave someone a strong trade number in order for them to buy something in their inventory isn't your fault. Or let them know that you understand that whether our economy is or isn't impacted currently, people are absolutely LOOKING for good deals and expect them, which ultimately does lead to lower sales prices. Also let them know that you are a buyer today, right now, and a bird in the hand.....as the saying goes. Also let them know that you know they are flooring the car and if you walk and they have to pay interest and buy down costs to the bank next month, that is an avoidable cost. Also that if they don't get another buyer, next month the car WILL be worth less. Cars do something we all don't like, and that's depreciate. Although you like the color, it's wise to still inform them that grey/silver is the least valuable and popular color on Lamborghini, period. Last, do all that without being insulting, but informative and letting them know they're dealing with a customer that knows what they're talking about and to take you seriously.

I've had cars offered to me by dealers after I called on them at far lower prices than asking, and I still passed, and after, they sold the car to the next guy for 10, 15, 20k MORE! It's all about you and how you negotiate. What you say and how you say it. How well you can make someone understand something they already know, but are too egotistical and/or stubborn to listen to it. And quite frankly, if they realize they aren't dealing with a pushover, they give you the respect you deserve and treat you accordingly because of it. They absolutely will take advantage of you if they think they can...every cent they get out of you on top of what you actually should pay is pure PROFIT!

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
3,179 Posts
The bottom line is, if you truly love the car and it does look like first quality, then go for it. You are paying a premium but maybe it’s worth it. I’m not good delaying gratification. If it was everything I was looking for and in mint condition I probably would just buy it.
We know you would Russ!! lol

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
THIS

You're also most likely to stay in the car longer if it's something the heart wants.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was working on the same color but 15000 miles on a 15 private sale With matte ppf on whole car for, I got him down to $175,000. I’m holding so you are welcome to get in On it if interested. It still is under warranty until next year July I think he said.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@op at the end of the day, if the car gets you super excited, I would go for it.
these purchases are optional and you're doing it to treat yourself.

The input I'd give really comes down to what you're optimizing for. Best price? Best value? Lowest Miles? Best Condition?

Few things to consider:
  • if you are impartial to a Spyder, you can save several thousand by getting a coupe. They have better resale over time as well.
  • The miles are low, but I don't think being that low is that much of an advantage. These cars need to be maintained regardless of if they're driven or not. With miles that low, I'd check in to see the service history on it. Fluids go bad when they sit. You actually may be better off by saving several thousand and finding one with slightly more miles, say 10k-15k range.
  • Hard to exactly say how much exactly that car should sell for without more details, but yes dealers will list $10-$15k above their cost to cover any reconditioning, capital cost, depreciation, and margin for negotiation.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts