Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I have been going back and forth on if I want the Gallardo or a Huracan.

After some research I think I will be happier with the Huracan and spend a few thousand more.

I found one I want and want to get some advice on if I should keep pushing on price.

Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 Spyder | 4.5K Miles | Grigio Lynx | 2 owners | 1 year CPO included in the price

They wont budge past 197K. I'm looking to put 30k down. Should I keep looking or snag this? It seems fully loaded.

Thank you, this will be my first Lamborghini purchase. Just want to make sure Im getting into something smart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a bit high but due to CPO and low mileage they know that can sell it. Dealers have to spend some money in order to make the car CPO. Ask them what the price will be without the CPO.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a bit high but due to CPO and low mileage they know that can sell it. Dealers have to spend some money in order to make the car CPO. Ask them what the price will be without the CPO.
Do you think I need it? It will be my first and want to make sure im covered and learn in my first year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cars that qualify for CPO are super clean to begin with. Huracans are pretty reliable and you won't have any issues. I got mine with 2200 miles without a warranty even though the car qualified for CPO. Are you buying from a Lamborghini dealer if not then definitely don't get the warranty. Offer them 190 and tell them that you will finance the whole deal through them and they will be more likely to negotiate as they can make money through financing.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cars that qualify for CPO are super clean to begin with. Huracans are pretty reliable and you won't have any issues. I got mine with 2200 miles without a warranty even though the car qualified for CPO. Are you buying from a Lamborghini dealer if not then definitely don't get the warranty. Offer them 190 and tell them that you will finance the whole deal through them and they will be more likely to negotiate as they can make money through financing.
Really good suggestion! Awesome. And the clutch is something I never have to worry about right? Any of maintenance I need to worry about?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Do you think I need it? It will be my first and want to make sure im covered and learn in my first year.
Since it's your first H, I would get the 1 year CPO warranty for peace of mind. Especially if the selling dealer is the same one you will use for servicing. The warranty on my 580 expired 1 year ago and is has been at the dealer for the past 4.5 weeks getting an engine out repair for oil leak beneath the rear axle. This would have been an extremely expensive repair but fortunately Lambo covered it as a good faith gesture since a small oil leak was noted when the H was still under warranty but not deemed severe enough to repair at the time.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,258 Posts
Hey everyone,

After some research I think I will be happier with the Huracan and spend a few thousand more.

I found one I want and want to get some advice on if I should keep pushing on price.

Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 Spyder | 4.5K Miles | Grigio Lynx | 2 owners | 1 year CPO included in the price

They wont budge past 197K. I'm looking to put 30k down. Should I keep looking or snag this? It seems fully loaded.

Thank you, this will be my first Lamborghini purchase. Just want to make sure Im getting into something smart.
That is a full premium, not a good deal but probably a very nice car. I am sure you can do better. Make them an offer and say goodbye. (leave your number)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is a full premium, not a good deal but probably a very nice car. I am sure you can do better. Make them an offer and say goodbye. (leave your number)
My plan is to offer 190k and or walk. is 190k to much still?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since it's your first H, I would get the 1 year CPO warranty for peace of mind. Especially if the selling dealer is the same one you will use for servicing. The warranty on my 580 expired 1 year ago and is has been at the dealer for the past 4.5 weeks getting an engine out repair for oil leak beneath the rear axle. This would have been an extremely expensive repair but fortunately Lambo covered it as a good faith gesture since a small oil leak was noted when the H was still under warranty but not deemed severe enough to repair at the time.
Good call. I’ll stick with CPO. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I tried an he said “No..we do not have 15k profit in a used car sorry” I’m not sure I believe that lol
Yeah dunno about that. I know from my dad's history with trade-ins that is wrong, most recently last week he received 120k for a trade-in and they are listing it for 148

·
Registered
515 Posts
I tried an he said “No..we do not have 15k profit in a used car sorry” I’m not sure I believe that lol
I am willing to trust they don’t have $15k in profit in a used car. Really depends on if they took it on trade or bought it to sell from somewhere else. Also, there’s a decent amount of reconditioning to most used cars, and you’re paying Lambo tax on details, service, etc. I am lucky to make a couple thousand on a car at my dealership, but granted those cars are $20-30k most times.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am willing to trust they don’t have $15k in profit in a used car. Really depends on if they took it on trade or bought it to sell from somewhere else. Also, there’s a decent amount of reconditioning to most used cars, and you’re paying Lambo tax on details, service, etc. I am lucky to make a couple thousand on a car at my dealership, but granted those cars are $20-30k most times.
Do you think this is a good price point or should I keep pushing for 190's?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was set on verde mantis and it’s an amazing color but something about the Grigio lynx really stuck out to me and I went that route after seeing them together in person. It’s an amazingly deep color and when polished out and offset with green or colorful brake calipers is awesome to see.

yes better deals can be had but what some will fail to realize is the bottom of the H pricing isn’t far from 190 for a good and clean model. if you say 180k for that car it would be considered fine by most but that’s a 10k difference and only you can answer if delaying your ownership is worth that.Also factor in peace of mind and convenience also. If it’s the car you want with the options you prefer then it’s a good buy and not a bad one by any means. If this was a multiple owner car with many more miles it could be for about 165-170k. But it’s not. And H cars are not dropping below 160k for all intents and purposes but I find it odd that owners are nearly trying to help the market do that!

·
Registered
66 Posts
don't mean to hijack the thread but what about this below coupe from Lambo Austin? It's got crazy miles on it, and high owners. 4th highest miles of all Huracan models on the market.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey everyone,

I will be the devil's advocate, if you could and only if you could, spend little bit more and go for a Performante. HP coupe could be had for maybe another $30k, but of course, if it has to be a spyder then it will be considerably more. When I got my H, I thought it was more than enough for me, boy was I wrong. Also, HP will retain its value better than a reg H.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts