Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
Ditto with USAA; in addition to the $640 +/- rebated every December they gave me, and it's probably true for most insurance companies during COVID, a 10% discount on the June and July premiums. I soon will be going past the 40 year mark with USAA and the discounts and rebates will go up further.馃
At the rate you鈥檙e going Albert pretty soon they be paying you!

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
At the rate you鈥檙e going Albert pretty soon they be paying you!
Paying me? Nah but I think it would appropriate to rename USAA......off the top of my head how does Al's Place sound?

Registered
I have all my collectible muscle cars under JC Taylor. For both a 71 Mustang Mach 1 and a 71 Dodge Charger, I pay 250 annually. That鈥檚 cheap. However, when I purchased the Murci, I was behind the eight ball and did not have time to shop. I got JC Taylor to insure the car(despite them not usually insuring exotics). I pay $2400 per year. When my policy is about to expire, I will shop around. I think I can get around $1800 annually.
Call around, it can鈥檛 hurt.

Premium Member
You can probably do better than $1800/yr. Just try State Farm and some others. Got to Hagerty and they will insure for any amount you value the car for. It鈥檚 cheap.

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
You can probably do better than $1800/yr. Just try State Farm and some others. Got to Hagerty and they will insure for any amount you value the car for. It鈥檚 cheap.
Russ did State Farm require you take pictures of the odometer yearly/periodically? When I spoke with them they were more expensive than USAA and to get a slightly better rate, though it was far from good, they wanted me to keep a device in the glove compartment so they could monitor my driving. To be clear, they did not require that I use their "device" but they would improve the rate if I did. USAA never asked me to take pictures of the odometer or even talked about using a driving monitoring "device". State Farm gave me the "big brother" looking over my shoulder uncomfortable feel.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Russ, one other question tell us about Hagerty are they priced better than most or about average? I will call them but I would like to know your experience and the experience of others with this particular insurance company. As a point of comparison, USAA always watches your six is that true of Hagerty?

Premium Member
Albert, to answer your first question, no State Farm did not ask to take a pict of my odometer, or require any device to monitor my driving. I believe They are franchised and each office must have their own requirements.

when I bought my first Lamborghini in 2008 my driving record was not very good and I simply couldn鈥檛 get insurance there any of the companies I tried. Someone suggested Hagerty because you insure the car for whatever value you want to place on it. I just remember it wasn鈥檛 that expensive and I have no problem whatsoever getting immediately insured. I should also mention they didn鈥檛 require my driving record and the amount of tickets I had was not factored in. I think it鈥檚 more suited for somebody that simply can鈥檛 get insured any other way and they paid their car off so they do not have any bank insurance requirements.

Reactions: Lambo2018

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Albert, to answer your first question, no State Farm did not ask to take a pict of my odometer, or require any device to monitor my driving. I believe They are franchised and each office must have their own requirements.

when I bought my first Lamborghini in 2008 my driving record was not very good and I simply couldn鈥檛 get insurance there any of the companies I tried. Someone suggested Hagerty because you insure the car for whatever value you want to place on it. I just remember it wasn鈥檛 that expensive and I have no problem whatsoever getting immediately insured. I should also mention they didn鈥檛 require my driving record and the amount of tickets I had was not factored in. I think it鈥檚 more suited for somebody that simply can鈥檛 get insured any other way and they paid their car off so they do not have any bank insurance requirements.
Understood, thanks Russ!

Registered
I鈥檓 getting crazy insurance quotes from farmers and Amica like $800 a month I have a clean driving record 35 years old , but I do have 3 cell phone tickets and 1 carpool which I don鈥檛 see a reason to get such a high quote , who do u guys recommend since there is only few companies selling to insure exotic cars .
I just went through the whole insurance process insuring my new evo , I'm in California and it seems prices are a lot higher here than other states. I'm 30 years old with a clean driving record and got quoted anywhere from 6600k-8900k for a yearly premium from regular insurance companies geico , aaa , State Farm , etc .

If you don't mind a collector car insurance Grundy will be the cheapest from the quotes I've gotten they quoted me 2,800$ for the year but you will need to prove you have a DD under a different insurance policy in your name. Hagerty quoted me 5,000$ + and Condon Skelly first quoted me 2,400 and after I sent in all the requested info the underwriter changed the quote to 5900$ for the policy. Hope this helps!

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
I just went through the whole insurance process insuring my new evo , I'm in California and it seems prices are a lot higher here than other states. I'm 30 years old with a clean driving record and got quoted anywhere from 6600k-8900k for a yearly premium from regular insurance companies geico , aaa , State Farm , etc .

If you don't mind a collector car insurance Grundy will be the cheapest from the quotes I've gotten they quoted me 2,800$ for the year but you will need to prove you have a DD under a different insurance policy in your name. Hagerty quoted me 5,000$ + and Condon Skelly first quoted me 2,400 and after I sent in all the requested info the underwriter changed the quote to 5900$ for the policy. Hope this helps!
Very helpful post so Grundy seems to be extremely well priced. Heck I may call them just to see if I could save some money........understanding, of course, the issue about needing to have a DD under another carrier. What is the overall reputation of Grundy amongst supercar owners?

Registered
Very helpful post so Grundy seems to be extremely well priced. Heck I may call them just to see if I could save some money........understanding, of course, the issue about needing to have a DD under another carrier. What is the overall reputation of Grundy amongst supercar owners?
Grundy and Condon Skelly were both recommended to me by my friend. His huracan is insured under condon and his rolls Royce under Grundy. The rolls just got totaled in a accident not his fault and I was told grundy already approved the claim with no issues.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Grundy and Condon Skelly were both recommended to me by my friend. His huracan is insured under condon and his rolls Royce under Grundy. The rolls just got totaled in a accident not his fault and I was told grundy already approved the claim with no issues.
Thanks my friend we all know some things but collectively we know much more! ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
Finally went w farmers it鈥檚 pricey but I have no choice . $600 a month but it will drop to $289 after 4 months after two if the cell phone tickets drop off from my record

Premium Member
$289.00 is a fair price. Just have to bite the bullet for the next 4 months.

Reactions: Yellowcan

Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
Yellow can, good luck and sounds like you found a decent deal that will get better over time. You鈥檒l probably end up babying your car anyway and proving to the insurance company that you鈥檙e worth the risk! 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Lol true , farmers the only insurance company that took me , I think in California insurance a lot higher than. Other states . To mention Grundy quoted me $47000 a year 馃コ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
Yellow can, good luck and sounds like you found a decent deal that will get better over time. You鈥檒l probably end up babying your car anyway and proving to the insurance company that you鈥檙e worth the risk! 馃槈

Read Only
What Lamborghini model are you driving?

Yeh......and on top of that they were hundreds of dollars more expensive than USAA. Nothing like paying a lot more for a lot less. :rolleyes:
08 Gallardo, I've gotten quotes from other agencies but they're even higher! I'm 28, but I think once you're over 25 it shouldn't matter

Registered
鈥18 Huracan LP-610 Spider; 鈥16 Huracan LP-610 Coupe
I鈥檓 getting crazy insurance quotes from farmers and Amica like $800 a month I have a clean driving record 35 years old , but I do have 3 cell phone tickets and 1 carpool which I don鈥檛 see a reason to get such a high quote , who do u guys recommend since there is only few companies selling to insure exotic cars .
I insure all our exotics and collector cars on the Barrett-Jackson endorsed program. Saved a fortune shifting everything over from Hagarty, and left the grocery cruisers on the 鈥渕ainstream鈥 policy.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts