Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m getting crazy insurance quotes from farmers and Amica like $800 a month I have a clean driving record 35 years old , but I do have 3 cell phone tickets and 1 carpool which I don’t see a reason to get such a high quote , who do u guys recommend since there is only few companies selling to insure exotic cars .

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, do look at it from their point of view. Imagine if a person you don’t know approaches you and says “if I crash my $180,000 car, will you please pay for it?”

And... if that person had 3 cell phone tickets, which are arguably one of the most common causes of accidents we see these days... would you put your money on the line?

At $800/mo, it would take 18 years of their premium payments for you to recoup your money on a $180K value car.

Insurance comanies are essentially just gamblers, but they prefer to make money instead of losing money, so they only gamble on a “safe” risk.

I know that doesn’t help you out, but hopefully it provides some sense of justification for their terms.

I use Amica and my rates aren’t too bad.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
U making sense but I’ve never had any accidents . How much u paying for yours ?
Well, do look at it from their point of view. Imagine if a person you don’t know approaches you and says “if I crash my $180,000 car, will you please pay for it?”

And... if that person had 3 cell phone tickets, which are arguably one of the most common causes of accidents we see these days... would you put your money on the line?

At $800/mo, it would take 18 years of their premium payments for you to recoup your money on a $180K value car.

Insurance comanies are essentially just gamblers, but they prefer to make money instead of losing money, so they only gamble on a “safe” risk.

I know that doesn’t help you out, but hopefully it provides some sense of justification for their terms.

I use Amica and my rates aren’t too bad.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
$800 is nuts. Shop around? I'm around $200 per month for full coverage with 3 years advanced contract...but then I live on the other side of pacific. Nothing but speeding tickets once in a few years (knock on wood) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
😳😭😭😭 u r lucky bro
$800 is nuts. Shop around? I'm around $200 per month for full coverage with 3 years advanced contract...but then I live on the other side of pacific. Nothing but speeding tickets once in a few years (knock on wood) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but (if the tickets were for texting, etc) to an insurance company... your analogy is a little bit like a guy sitting in a chair playing Russian Roulette saying “I’ve never shot myself”

I hate the cell phone laws because I’m capable of using my brain and doing it the right way... so I don’t need a nanny to tell me how to behave... but some people aren’t quite as responsible with their phone behavior, so we all suffer on their account.

I pay $175, but I’m also 53 years old.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not texting but I own a few businesses so I take a lot of calls I know it’s not right and I learned my lesson 🤦‍♂️[
QUOTE="octechnologist, post: 2061608, member: 135310"]
Not trying to be a dick, but (if the tickets were for texting, etc) to an insurance company... your analogy is a little bit like a guy sitting in a chair playing Russian Roulette saying “I’ve never shot myself”

I hate the cell phone laws because I’m capable of using my brain and doing it the right way... so I don’t need a nanny to tell me how to behave... but some people aren’t quite as responsible with their phone behavior, so we all suffer on their account.

I pay $175, but I’m also 53 years old.
[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder
15,513 Posts
State Farm did the best for me by far. Give them a shot.

Reactions: Yellowcan

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,523 Posts
I use USAA and they are the absolute best I could find. BTW, out of curiosity I got an estimate from State Farm a few years back, and they wanted me to take pictures of my odometer yearly, and for better rates I had to keep a device in the glove compartment to monitor my driving (speed). On top of that State Farm was way way higher. Disclaimer my driving record is excellent, and as I am sure your aware, being in your thirties and having some tickets doesn't help.

Addendum:
I forgot to mention every December I get a check back from USAA and last year they sent me a check for $300 $640.43. As a member of USAA you are a shareholder so if they do well you do well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,523 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
That's why I asked the model maybe it's a heavily modified SVJ.............
$4,100 a year is crazy. Just go to Hagerty and cut that in half easy.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
981 Posts
Also not wanting to be a jerk or preachy, but 3 cell tickets is beyond unlucky, it points to someone who doesn’t care about laws or safety. 1 cell ticket is normal, 3 shows a disdain or uncaring attitude; regardless if true, that’s how it appears to the insurance agent. As the above poster said, you are asking them to be in a asymmetrical contractual financial relationship with them: you face a relatively small known fixed cost and they face a potentially large and uncontrollable risk. For their risk, they expect their partners/clients to exhibit some humility, rule following, and natural level of risk mitigation behind the wheel protecting against their risk. From your premium quote, it simply appears they don’t see that in your record.

keep in mind they face risk not only in paying for the value of your car, they pay for the other car, and importantly the liability your driving could produce. If a distracted driver on a cell phone causes an accident, the fact the thrice-before-ticketed driver was driving a Lamborghini will guarantee they get sued for the maximum policy amount.

Shop around and beg for some mercy from each of them. Try USAA, American Modern, Hagerty. You probably got a “please go elsewhere” bid from them.

Finally, Bluetooth, airpods or not answering your calls while driving should be considered. Sorry, man, just saying. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
State Farm $1600 a year. Thanks Russ!
That’s great, and a little better than mine. Also I got i nice rebate last month with State Farm.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
3,523 Posts
That’s great, and a little better than mine. Also I got i nice rebate last month with State Farm.
Ditto with USAA; in addition to the $640 +/- rebated every December they gave me, and it's probably true for most insurance companies during COVID, a 10% discount on the June and July premiums. I soon will be going past the 40 year mark with USAA and the discounts and rebates will go up further.🤑

1 - 20 of 40 Posts