Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all you guys warned me about trying t jump start the Murci and now my Fuel gauge is reading all theway to the right like i have 3 tank fulls of gas - it reads fine when i shut it off but goes nuts when i start the car - now what can i do besides having someone take the cluster apart?

2nd problem anyone know what the oil like fluid leaking out of the car right in front of the passenger rear wheel? there is a plastic panel there and the car is leaking fluid all over my garage thanks guys

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yup, saw this one coming!!! :(

there is a reset procedure for the cluster for people that just refuse to listen. Grant from Platinum (and member here)explained it to me once, but that was quite some time ago and I don't remember what it was, call your Dealer and maybe they will run it down for you. If the reset procedure doesn't correct the problems with the Pod then a replacement Pod can cure the problems for about $7K, - or enough to buy a good used tow truck for next time.

The "fluid" on the passenger side sounds like it is coming from the Power Steering/Hydraulic Shock resovouir which is behind the CF panel.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Ouch YellowMurci! How did you run down your battery? I thought all the lights go out when the key is pulled, and the radio shuts down after awhile. How often do you drive your car?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a moron extrodinaire - i do this all the time i am not patient - i use the car a few times a week but i think i turned the interior light on to look for something and it didnt turn off on its own - my radio doesnt seem to shut off either i have to have my guys check that one

damn if i am going to pay 7k for a cluster i would rather buy the tow truck and leave it here - i dont know if i can get the lambo dealer to tell me how to reset the cluster - they have the head of why tell when they can charge - do you recommend asking anyone else? Roy is the expert on everything are you reading this buddy?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is that fluid leak an expensive fix? and just when i was bragging that i never have problems with the car me and my big mouth!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Harry,

ask you local Dealer first for the reset instructions...if they refuse to "help" you...let the WORLD know... ;) ...the Dealers that get World Wide BAD PR generally change their tune or go out of business.. ;)

If your Dealer refuses to be helpful I'm sure Grant will try to help you out, he has been a very helpful person in the past and a valuable asset to Both Lamborghini and the Lamborghini Communities!!!

The reset operation is actually in the LamboList.com Archives from 03 or 04 if you want to do a search.

·
Registered
335 Posts
First I second the comment on Grant, just give him a call. He is most helpful -- wish he was close by!

Anyway on the oil leak. It's possible somebody overfilled the reservoir. It has to be almost two inches from the top because oil is pumped back into it and withdrawn as the car is raised and lowered. If it’s too full oil will bleed out through the small air hole in the top screw cap as you go around a turn and the oil sloshes upwards. Also may want to tighten the return oil hose clamp gong in at the bottom - tough it is unlikely that is loose in a new car.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the link! my up/down on my car doesnt work that light blinks prestige said they changed the shock but i dont believe it - car is an 02 with 2000 miles

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok guys, thanks for the good words...

Yellow Murci, here is how you fix your gauges

1. turn the battery switch in the engine compartment off
2. turn the key to the on position
3. turn the battery switch back on
4. you just reset your gauges

Next item, this oil leak is the fluid red (ATF) or clear oil??? Common problem on 6.0's and MY02 Murci's was the top of the powersteering resivor is not flat... Needs to be taken off car and milled flat so the top will seal when installed correctly...

Next you claim your lifting system is not working? Give me more information.. Does it go up at all? Does it just blink fast? Will it go up and then fall?

Let me know what you find...will check back on here tomorrow
see everybody tomorrow at Crystal Cove taking a couple of new Roadsters out for a spin..

Regards to all,
Grant Johnson
Lamborghini Beverly Hills & Orange County

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
ocgrant said:
<snip>

Let me know what you find...will check back on here tomorrow
see everybody tomorrow at Crystal Cove taking a couple of new Roadsters out for a spin..

Regards to all,
Grant Johnson
Lamborghini Beverly Hills & Orange County
That CC meet is just too early for me. Next time, bring those Roadsters down and join us here in our monthly San Diego meet.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok here goes when I first start the car the light for the raising of the car stays on steady - the switch does nothing at all - sometimes while driving the light starts blinking really fast other than that thats all it does thansk for allt he help

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey G! I tried to reset the gauges the way you said but no luck that fuel gauge just goes to the 3:00 position and stays there - this sucks

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
So how does one jump start a Murcie should the battery becomes dead? I recall the battery is tucked away near the rear left tire. I don't think it is easy to connect jumper cables to it.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
zzoorrkk said:
So how does one jump start a Murcie should the battery becomes dead? I recall the battery is tucked away near the rear left tire. I don't think it is easy to connect jumper cables to it.

One Jump Starts a Honda or Toyota because they are beaters and if they fry no one really cares. One DOES NOT Jump Start a Lamborghini!! They either take the time neccesary to insure the battery doesn't go dead in the first place, or they have "their man do it" or they patiently charge the battery fully, according to the instructions in the Owners Handbook, or they tow it to the dealer or other qualified service shop, or they Buy a Pod for about $7K.

Lamborghinis are NOT you fathers Oldsmobile!!

:wave:

I'm not trying to be ugly here, but I did place a warning about Jumping Lambos immediadetly when I saw this thread!! Which was backed up by another vey experienced Lambo Owner & Mod here!! We are not the bozos you will find on other lists!!! We are very serious about taking care of these cars properly!!

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Definitely will NOT jump start my Murcie. I can see the headaches YellowMurcie is having with his jump start. :eek: I hope you can get things fixed up soon, and then start enjoying that lambo feeling. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts