Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - just getting to be "one" with my new car. I absolutely LOVE this car and am glad I made the switch.

1) I was going to give my 2 year old a ride in the car and I couldn't turn off the air bag using my key. Is there a trick to getting the key to work?

2) If I hold the vent button down, they eventually come out. But as soon as I release the button, the vents go back down. I thought they were supposed to stay open until either the button was pressed again or the car was turned off?

3) When washing the car, do I need to worry about water getting on the engine? The vents don't do a very good job of keeping water out :)

That's it for now!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He LOVES cars...

When I drove up in the car, he ran out and said "Daddy's Orange Lamborghini?" Seriously, the kid is OBSESSED with cars. Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos, anything. He knows them all and he just turned 2!

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
JYoung said:
Hey guys - just getting to be "one" with my new car. I absolutely LOVE this car and am glad I made the switch.

1) I was going to give my 2 year old a ride in the car and I couldn't turn off the air bag using my key. Is there a trick to getting the key to work?

2) If I hold the vent button down, they eventually come out. But as soon as I release the button, the vents go back down. I thought they were supposed to stay open until either the button was pressed again or the car was turned off?

3) When washing the car, do I need to worry about water getting on the engine? The vents don't do a very good job of keeping water out :)

That's it for now!
1) I have never tried turning the airbag off, but I know there is a separate key which is used on the lock near the door hinge after you open the passenger door.
2) If you mean the side air vents, then you should know that they operate manually with the button only if your car is stopped. Once you start rolling, they will retract. The vents also operate automatically via computer control. If the ambient temperature is over a certain limit (I do not know but guessing around 25 degrees celcius), then the vents open and stay open. My Lambo service manager said that the cooling system is computer controlled and "cannot" be overriden for safety reasons.
3) My Lambo service department puts a big thick towel on the engine before washing my Murcie.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats on your car !

When I was down at Lake Tahoe and Concorso Italiano last week,
and watching Scott the car detailer from Arizona wash and prep
Lambos for last weeks Running of the Bulls and Fri's Concorso, he
always put a full garbage bag over the motor before he shot water
on the car.

Later, when done washing, before starting the car, he picked up the
bag with 2 people so as to not let any water still sitting on the bag
fall on the motor. That seemed to work very well as I watched him wash
Diablos (coupes and roadsters), Countaches, Murcielago's (coupes and
roadsters) and Gallardo's.

Never saw one not start after a complete washing and I saw him wash
tens of Lambos.

Regards,

Larry

·
Registered
258 Posts
To clarify.

By full garbage bag I mean a plastic garbage bag large enough to cover the
motor properly. Not one of these small plastic garbage bags.

I didn't mean the garbage bag had garbage in it. :)

Thanks,

Larry

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
You MUST cover your motor as to not get water into the spark plug tops.....

Vents will open and stay open only if you roll less than 7mph on 02-03-04 models 23mph on 05-06 models......

comes up auto at 90C on your gauge will NOT open earlier......

You can go into the computer and program open ALL the time.....not suggested....

Will you hvae your car at the Concorso in Seattle Sunday the 4th.....

Call me :wave:

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
hi guys
ive washed my 2 diablo's all the time with no cover on the vents or on anything, and nothing happened. whats the problem with this? and what would happen? :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts