Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
murcielago33 said:
Yes, The Ferrari F430 does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and 0-100 in 7.9 :( :mad: :mad: . hmmmmm Crap, or maybe this is all Bullsh*t.
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=8896&page_number=4
This doesnt bother me at all. Im suprised how people havent figured that game out yet: Ferrari pulls ahead, Lamborghini takes over, ferrari pulls ahead, lamborghini takes over etc. etc.
Competition gives lambo incentive to do better and that can never hurt. Im sure the next lambo will beat the F430.

·
Registered
93 Posts
murcielago33 said:
Yes, The Ferrari F430 does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and 0-100 in 7.9 :( :mad: :mad: . hmmmmm Crap, or maybe this is all Bullsh*t.
http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=8896&page_number=4

Top speed 186mph, same as the 20-year old Countach QV. Peak power 486hp, only about 16 more than a 20-year old Countach QV, but look you have to spin 8500 revs to get it while the Lambo gets its 470hp at 7000rpm.

And what's this? a V8?????? :rolleyes:

The 5-60mph time is actually 4 secs, oddly more than the 0-60 time....

·
Registered
44 Posts
3.5 secs is complete bull, this is why i hate car and driver, they are lying a holes. They lie about the dumbest things

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
Here we go again.... What are we going to be satisfied with, 0-60 in the speed of light? Who gives a crap. All this HP, top speed, and 1/4 mile time will be comming to an end soon. Better be satisfied with the total car rather than one aspect. Anyway if Lambo is going to get beat temporarily, better that it's by Ferrari, rather than American Iron.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I dont remember nor CARE what my cars do it in.

I DO KNOW EVERYTIME I GET ON IT, I SMILE!!!!!!!!!!

Lambo a total forever car!!!!!!! :wave:

·
Registered
108 Posts
This report has been beat to death on FChat. The summary of their arguments appears to be that C&D did their timed testing on Ferrari's Fiorano test track. The front straight of this track has a downward tilt, so they believe this artificially lowered the numbers for the car. Before I put too much faith in the numbers I'd wait for another independent test outside of Fiorano.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cgperry said:
This report has been beat to death on FChat. The summary of their arguments appears to be that C&D did their timed testing on Ferrari's Fiorano test track. The front straight of this track has a downward tilt, so they believe this artificially lowered the numbers for the car. Before I put too much faith in the numbers I'd wait for another independent test outside of Fiorano.
I read this review a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure they said they were equally surprised at the numbers, so they ran the same test going in the opposite direction on the same track and they got the same numbers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Im sorry but these numbers are not true for the simple fact that the power/weight ratio is just not good enough.

I agree with u guys...numbers mean squat...driving enjoyment is everything...Although i hate the looks of the 430 I still think it makes a beautiful noise.

·
Banned
51 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
This doesnt bother me at all. Im suprised how people havent figured that game out yet: Ferrari pulls ahead, Lamborghini takes over, ferrari pulls ahead, lamborghini takes over etc. etc.
Competition gives lambo incentive to do better and that can never hurt. Im sure the next lambo will beat the F430.
Now, how will Lambo bump up the HP of the Gallardo? ;)

·
Banned
0 Posts
Taoist said:
Top speed 186mph, same as the 20-year old Countach QV. Peak power 486hp, only about 16 more than a 20-year old Countach QV, but look you have to spin 8500 revs to get it while the Lambo gets its 470hp at 7000rpm.

And what's this? a V8?????? :rolleyes:

The 5-60mph time is actually 4 secs, oddly more than the 0-60 time....
And while all is said an done, I pop out a 1800 RPMs :evil: Ok sorry. Go Lambo!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jdk said:
Im sorry but these numbers are not true for the simple fact that the power/weight ratio is just not good enough.

I agree with u guys...numbers mean squat...driving enjoyment is everything...Although i hate the looks of the 430 I still think it makes a beautiful noise.
No numbers dont mean squat..If a ferrari pulls up beside you at a red light, you know you wanna smoke him in your Lambo :cool: and if you dont, It would be embarassing, but if the numbers are as good as the Diablos or Murcies or Gallardos are, you will most likely beat the Ferrari and have a warm feeling inside you saying "I just killed a Ferrari", Every Lambo fans dream :)

·
Banned
51 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
I was more thinking of the new lambo model, whenever it comes out. Not sure if the new Gallardo will do the job.
New model, Faster Gallardo, it doesn't matter as long as you see that ferrari in your rear view mirror. :evil:

·
Banned
0 Posts
FCars4Ever said:
New model, Faster Gallardo, it doesn't matter as long as you see that ferrari in your rear view mirror. :evil:
FCars4Ever: Will you stop posting so much! Your catching up to me! Errr... j/k, nice to have someone to chat with on here. Anyways, back to the 430....
Wait'll I catch a 430. I going to enjoy crushing it. Almost more than that poor little 911 Turbo. :evil:

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's bs, I've personally spoken to a ferrari representative and they assured me the f430 does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, however it doesn't handle anywhere near as good as the gallardo. I don't think lambo should improve the gallardo, this might cause it to ovethrow the flagship murcielago. Instead Lambo should develop a stripped out supercar to match the enzo and zondo in performance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
lets just use the 05 gallardo power bump and take out the 4 wd hard ware. save some weight here and there, and it will be there. Wonder if the bump on 05 was in anticipation of the 430?

·
Banned
0 Posts
Lambo-Crazy said:
That's bs, I've personally spoken to a ferrari representative and they assured me the f430 does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds, however it doesn't handle anywhere near as good as the gallardo. I don't think lambo should improve the gallardo, this might cause it to ovethrow the flagship murcielago. Instead Lambo should develop a stripped out supercar to match the enzo and zondo in performance.
Oh! I completly agree. Some supercar, call it like, the 06 Lamborhgini Nemesis, pushing out like 800 Bhp, no turbos, no nada, use one of their marine engines in it, and make it like 2000 lbs. Than you got yourself a supercar. Enzo what? Zonda what? McLaren who? Bugatti huh? Ah, you get it. :D

·
Banned
51 Posts
Lexani said:
FCars4Ever: Will you stop posting so much! Your catching up to me! Errr... j/k, nice to have someone to chat with on here. Anyways, back to the 430....
Wait'll I catch a 430. I going to enjoy crushing it. Almost more than that poor little 911 Turbo. :evil:
Haha, that is my goal, to surpass you in posts :D . Let us know how your race goes when you find a 430.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts