Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I finally got my Lamborghini. It's a 2003 Murcie Orange/Tan with 6600 miles. I've already put 200 miles on it the past 2 days :)

It's an amazing car and am looking forward to driving this for quite some time. I do have a couple of questions.

It seems to not pull very hard in 1st gear until the RPMs get above 4500. Is that normal? I know the traction control light flashes but it doesn't feel like the car is breaking loose at all. Once it gets into high 1st and into second, it's unbelievable. It seems a little different than when I drove Roy's blu Murcie.

When do the vents come out? I was going high speed and they never came out for me. I pressed and held the vent button but nothing happened either.

When I don't drive the car for a week or more, should I turn the dial to switch off the battery connection to the car?

Other than that, it seems to have no issues at all. I think what I will do is pick up Roy for lunch sometime soon and have him go over the car with me! I'm out of town for the next 10 days but after that, we definitely need to get together with some of the other Lambo owners in the area.

Thanks for all of your help!
Jeremy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congratulations. Good color combo.

1. If the TCS light flashes you are losing performance as I believe it starves the engine for fuel or at least kills the spark. Make sure TCS is off. There are times when the TCS will not flash but it will kick in, too, so keep that in mind.

AWD does bog the car down until you get to 25-30mph. Still, 0-62 is very impressive but the car is even better at speed. 2nd @ 75-80 will throw you back as you probably already know

2. Vents come out based upon temperature. I find over here it needs to be about 85 degrees outside and then the vents start to open. I think the car looks crazy with the vents open. I would pay $$ if I could get the vent button to work at cruising speeds. Any takers??

3. It is personal preference. I wouldn't bother unless I was going on vacation for a month or something.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info...

Thanks for the info. I wish I wasn't leaving town tomorrow for a week. I want to stay here and drive my car! ;-) I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it. My books should be here tomorrow so I can read up on all the features.

In another note, my buddy who has never seen a Lambo in person or really any exotic cars (other than my 2 Ferraris) sat in my Lambo and said that this was the nicest car he had ever seen in his entire life. I have to agree!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Yea!!!!!!!!!

Another one to the dark side for SEATTLE!!!!!!!

Congrats.......

I am more than willing to show you the little in and outs on your car....can we go to Wendys this time instead of McDonalds?

The TSC button should stay on all the tiime...I show you why>>>>>

I am going to Montery this Saturday, (tommorrow and will be back in 10 days also call me when you get back. :wave:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tsc

So is Roy saying that TCS button should be on, does he mean that Traction Control should always be OFF (meaning it shows the TCS with the X through it on the dash?)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Roy, is this a general statement or is there a real reason?

I would think in the rain, for example, TCS could be somewhat helpful? of course with the AWD maybe there is little benefit.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I may have misstated, the button should remain in the "ON" position.so as not to display anything in the dash..the only time you should turn it "OFF", the dispaly in the window is when you are under extreme slow speed.....like heavy rain or mud...then this will retard the traction so you DO NOT spin the wheels....kind of backwards..... :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
the hell with the TCS I leave is disabled so that the car gets max power - if it is on then the car doesnt accelerate that hard

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
Yea!!!!!!!!!

The TSC button should stay on all the tiime...I show you why>>>>>

Hi Roy,

Sometimes I like to disable TSC for faster first gear acceleration. I find that there is no perceivable wheel spin from a straight line start, and just a little from a turning start (like a left turn at an intersection). Besides safety reasons, just wondering why you would recommend keeping TSC enabled all the time?

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
JYoung said:
Hey everyone,

I finally got my Lamborghini. It's a 2003 Murcie Orange/Tan with 6600 miles. I've already put 200 miles on it the past 2 days :)

It's an amazing car and am looking forward to driving this for quite some time. I do have a couple of questions.

It seems to not pull very hard in 1st gear until the RPMs get above 4500. Is that normal? I know the traction control light flashes but it doesn't feel like the car is breaking loose at all. Once it gets into high 1st and into second, it's unbelievable. It seems a little different than when I drove Roy's blu Murcie.

When do the vents come out? I was going high speed and they never came out for me. I pressed and held the vent button but nothing happened either.

When I don't drive the car for a week or more, should I turn the dial to switch off the battery connection to the car?

Other than that, it seems to have no issues at all. I think what I will do is pick up Roy for lunch sometime soon and have him go over the car with me! I'm out of town for the next 10 days but after that, we definitely need to get together with some of the other Lambo owners in the area.

Thanks for all of your help!
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Congratulations on your Murcie! You will find that your car has tremendous grip on the road. I believe wheel spin is difficult to achieve. Once I tried a 5000rpm drop clutch start and darn near burnt out my clutch! It would have been a costly and time consuming repair. The single disc clutch is designed for smooth engagement and not for street racing. I'm still considering an aftermarket clutch upgrade to twin or triple disc clutch but I just don't know if the other drivetrain components are designed for burn-out launches. The lateral vents open up at a certain ambient temperature. Mine opened and stayed up during drives in hot local weather these past two weeks. I would love to have the vent button operate the vents manually. Does anyone know of a bypass?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts