Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally did the deed yesterday. The Aventador will have its lovers and detractors, esp. those who believe in the hardcore era of the Countach. Having driven several Gallardos including the Superleggera, Murcies, I must say the Aventador is refined but still very my edge. From a standstill, you can tell it really wants to go. And by that I don't mean jerky like the Murcielago was. I mean, it really has the power that is just coursing through its "veins" to just get up and go. Around town, it relies on its radical look to get attention but on the highways it commands attention from its power and exhaust note! Got back late last night and just got a few minutes to create a short video until I get to edit the myriad of footage from yesterday. If you order this car, you will not be disappointed, trust me!

I will try to do a better write up later, but until then the operating room beckons.

Cheers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That exhaust note does not sound as bad in that video clip as people are saying... Can't wait to hear it in person. Lamborghini Dallas gets their demo next week...

·
Registered
465 Posts
That sounds and looks so nice. Look forward to reading more about your experience.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You've waited such a LONG time....good that you FINALLY got to drive it. Glad you love it. Nice brief report - looking forward to more.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Nice post, that is the best sounding Aventador I have heard thus far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmm that makes me wonder about canceling my order. I'm getting a 458 instead, and 10 months sooner. Rosso corsa / black from Continental.
The 458 I can "daily". And it's a lot less big / angular / blingy. Someday , I gotta have a V12 though. And carbon tub....and....and...wow nice

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
good luck with a 458 as a daily. as for the lp700 i had the privilege of checking one out recently though I did not drive it. Would love to hear details. personally i love the new digital dash, love the keyless push to start. coming from a corvette that had push to start and going to a gallardo that didnt was a bit backwards for me honestly. the big deal about the car is that its 100% new and supposedly nothing at all was carried over from the murc. I'd love to hear if you could tell. Also, how was sport mode v. corsa v. street mode?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hmm that makes me wonder about canceling my order. I'm getting a 458 instead, and 10 months sooner. Rosso corsa / black from Continental.
The 458 I can "daily". And it's a lot less big / angular / blingy. Someday , I gotta have a V12 though. And carbon tub....and....and...wow nice
lol good luck with that, when ur spending that much, you can't wait a little longer for a better car?... i would wait or you will regret once you see a aventador pull up beside you.:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts