I pulled the trigger and purchased my first Lamborghini.:D
2004 EGEAR Giallo Midas (pearl yellow) WITH 3,500 MILES

stock wheels, & they need new tires...
so... thinking about buying new wheels as well-
looking at the OZ ULTRALEGGERA HLT in gun metal
price is $3,600 with tires.

I really like the superleggera wheel look

anyone have any opinions on these OZ wheels

or can you recommend a better style/performace wheel for that price range?
3500-4500$

:D
thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
OZ Wheels

Congrats on the purchase, in my opinion Giallo Midas is THE color for the '04 Gallardo, very iconic. Also 3500 miles is very low, that is rare especially for a car that old and popular. You must be very lucky :blob:

In my opinion, the wheels that suit the pre LP Gallardo's the best would be the Scorpius wheels that debuted on the 2008 Superleggera's, also manufactured by OZ if I'm correct. As far as perfomance goes, it's OZ, high quality, lightweight and absolutely gorgeous especially in this case!

These wheels were also used on the limited edition Balboni 550-2, maybe the RWD Bicolore's as well, and I think they really suit the Gallardo. If I'm correct, they're called the Superturismo LMs officially under OZ but I could be wrong, anyhow I think that both the Balboni wheels and Superturismo's look very alike. Add the OEM Lambo hubcaps and it's the exact same! :p

The link for the Superturismo LM's on the official OZ site is here :

Superturismo LM - OZ Racing

Attached below are some pictures of both the 08 Superleggera and the Balboni editions, you decide if you think it suit's your Gallardo. ;)

As far as pricing goes, I'm sure the SuperTurismo's should be within your price range as I believe they're slightly lower compared to the Ultraleggera's and hopefully I'm correct. I can't give you an average price as I live in a different country and the prices are different due to the different markets! :(

Honestly, if you do choose to get these Scorpius wheels, I think you should, if your budget permits, opt for an aftermarket carbon spoiler and perhaps get an aftermarket exhaust and you'd get the Superleggera look! I'd go for it if I had the cash. Anyways hope I was of some help and happy hunting! :salut:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yes the OZ are fine and very light. But I wouldn't go to 20", they look oversized.

And the tires are shot with 3500 mls ? For sure you have checked all the maintenance records of the car. A 12 year old car with just 3500 mls is not what you find all day. On these cars it's pretty easy to have the ODO turned back. Just want to make sure you don't run into a money trap !

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey,

Congrats on the car. I had a Pre-LP but my experience was not the greatest by far. However I loved the car and this is why Im in another one but this time the LP.

I personally like 20s I have the new RFX5s from Rohana on my car and love them. I can get you a way better deal than $3500 by far.

Hey man, those wheels look sweet!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think the wheels you have now r just fine just get them painted to the color u like and match your brake calipers to the car would look dope. Aventador rims kept same design

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,620 Posts
Congrats! Love the color and the SL rims.

·
Super Moderator
3,130 Posts
Powdercoating the wheels black will make a huge difference. I see what you mean though, powdercoating+tires, why not just get a new set of rims and have the stockers for spare. it's a tough choice, but either choice you make will look awesome on the LAMBO!!!! Congrats

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats!! IMO I like to keep everything OEM but Kamil's wheels are probably the only one I would consider.

Seems like Christmas morning with the tree and your first Lambo in the garage:)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think if u paint them black the wheel doesnt look small at all plus u can lower the car if u dont like wheel gap

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love the Forgestar CF5 wheels on the gallardo ( that is what i have on mine). You can get them for around 1500 shipped to your door. Message me if you are looking for a new set! My company can get them for you!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I love the Forgestar CF5 wheels on the gallardo ( that is what i have on mine). You can get them for around 1500 shipped to your door. Message me if you are looking for a new set! My company can get them for you!
post some pics!!! I might be interested

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats on the purchase, in my opinion Giallo Midas is THE color for the '04 Gallardo, very iconic. Also 3500 miles is very low, that is rare especially for a car that old and popular. You must be very lucky

In my opinion, the wheels that suit the pre LP Gallardo's the best would be the Scorpius wheels that debuted on the 2008 Superleggera's, also manufactured by OZ if I'm correct. As far as perfomance goes, it's OZ, high quality, lightweight and absolutely gorgeous especially in this case!

These wheels were also used on the limited edition Balboni 550-2, maybe the RWD Bicolore's as well, and I think they really suit the Gallardo. If I'm correct, they're called the Superturismo LMs officially under OZ but I could be wrong, anyhow I think that both the Balboni wheels and Superturismo's look very alike. Add the OEM Lambo hubcaps and it's the exact same!

The link for the Superturismo LM's on the official OZ site is here :

Superturismo LM - OZ Racing

Attached below are some pictures of both the 08 Superleggera and the Balboni editions, you decide if you think it suit's your Gallardo.

As far as pricing goes, I'm sure the SuperTurismo's should be within your price range as I believe they're slightly lower compared to the Ultraleggera's and hopefully I'm correct. I can't give you an average price as I live in a different country and the prices are different due to the different markets!

Honestly, if you do choose to get these Scorpius wheels, I think you should, if your budget permits, opt for an aftermarket carbon spoiler and perhaps get an aftermarket exhaust and you'd get the Superleggera look! I'd go for it if I had the cash. Anyways hope I was of some help and happy hunting!
Thank you, those are the wheels that I want!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts