Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
congrats if this is true.. i have no idea what this bitcoin thing is but seemed to work out well for you..

enjoy the new car

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Haha, ok..... :D

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,289 Posts
Beautiful car! But what's up with Bitcoin? Isn't just another paypal? Care to explain for us that are clueless. The article says it was leaked? Was it supposed to be classified info?

Forget all the above. I googled it and got it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Best to do it before they're worthless...
I'm pretty sure the Gallardo's will hold their value pretty well even though it is the end of the line. To say they will become worthless is pretty silly.

I'm happy with it so far.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Gallardo's will hold their value pretty well even though it is the end of the line. To say they will become worthless is pretty silly.

I'm happy with it so far.
I'm almost positive he meant before 'bit coin' value becomes worthless ;)

Congrats

·
Premium Member
17,289 Posts
Lamborghini NB accepted them (bitcoins) so they must be as secure as currency.

·
Registered
701 Posts
The Goat...CONGRATS!

how is the 4chan board going..

I see you are off loading after the chinese crash

cheers mate..

The G should actually go up in the first year when the Huracan comes out.

Good job, enjoy

·
Registered
701 Posts
Lamborghini NB accepted them (bitcoins) so they must be as secure as currency.
Bitcoin is basically a digital currency that is mined within a network. Te network releases the bitcoin. Users join a network and mine blocks by solving mathematical problems, through computer programs run by very powerful super computers.

That does not go to say that anyone can do it, Russk. First, the amount of bitcoint released on the network is limited and you really have to know your stuff.

However, there are some risks. The Chinese stopped trading it last week and its value fell by 50%. It unregualted by govnments, which could be a good thing in the future.

Buying and selling is also risky. Hope this helps

·
Registered
615 Posts
LNB sold a Telsa with bitcoin. I called them and talked to the salesperson. You don't get bitcoin. The customer deposits Bitcoin but it gets converted to US dollars so they actually got US dollar.

·
Registered
554 Posts
LNB sold a Telsa with bitcoin. I called them and talked to the salesperson. You don't get bitcoin. The customer deposits Bitcoin but it gets converted to US dollars so they actually got US dollar.
LNB would be out of their mind to hang on to the bitcoin. It lost half it's value in a few hours last week.

When you look at the substance behind Bitcoin it's bound to be worthless in the end, but a few lucky people made a fortune if they get out in time.

·
Registered
907 Posts
The Tesla Model S Performance LNB sold was for 91BTC, right after that happened BTC took a drop from 1200 USD/BTC to 900 USD/BTC. This Gallardo they sold for 216.8433BTC, right after BTC went from 968 USD/BTC down to 500 USD/BTC - due to the Chinese. Strange how everyone offloads BTC for high end exotic cars right before a massive drop in bitcoin value, lol. Lamborghini Newport Beach's market strategy is also genius, they have the bitcoins converted into cold hard cash before anything gets sold. They never even hold on to the bitcoins for a second, and then they get massive headlines for selling cars for Bitcoins. I'm just waiting for the day the US government begins regulating the trade of Bitcoins to stop all the illegal activity and money laundering, then this Bitcoin bubble will most definitely burst.

Nice job Goat-BTC for offloading those coins right before a dip a value, and nice job going for a Lamborghini. Your car is a beauty.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
> Strange how everyone offloads BTC for high end exotic
> cars right before a massive drop in bitcoin value, lol.

You expect to hear about those who missed the peaks
and hence couldn't afford to buy fancy toys anymore?

Just wait until those first 21 million BTCs were mined...
and more will be issued in the blink of an eye. Just like
when those magic 4,000 Aventadors are complete, and
a bunch of new molds might pop up, to keep the flow.

;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
> Strange how everyone offloads BTC for high end exotic
> cars right before a massive drop in bitcoin value, lol.

You expect to hear about those who missed the peaks
and hence couldn't afford to buy fancy toys anymore?

Just wait until those first 21 million BTCs were mined...
and more will be issued in the blink of an eye. Just like
when those magic 4,000 Aventadors are complete, and
a bunch of new molds might pop up, to keep the flow.

;-)
Only 21 Million Bitcoin can be mined and that will be done in the year 2140, way after we are all dead.

But yes, selling at peaks is better than selling at lows. We will see more peaks in the future but in the mean time, I have a fun car to drive around :)

·
Premium Member
17,289 Posts
Bitcoin is basically a digital currency that is mined within a network. Te network releases the bitcoin. Users join a network and mine blocks by solving mathematical problems, through computer programs run by very powerful super computers.

That does not go to say that anyone can do it, Russk. First, the amount of bitcoint released on the network is limited and you really have to know your stuff.

However, there are some risks. The Chinese stopped trading it last week and its value fell by 50%. It unregualted by govnments, which could be a good thing in the future.

Buying and selling is also risky. Hope this helps
Thanks Steve, that does help. Not sure I would want anything to do with them, ha ha!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I am really happy for this guy...He is definitely a clever guy

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
> Only 21 Million Bitcoin can be mined

...under the current scheme. Nothing
prevents that from being changed.

> and that will be done in the year 2140

https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoins

At the rate of ~1.4 million per year --
the graph shows ~10.6 million vs ~12
million for Jan vs Dec 2013 -- the now
remaining ~12 million might be done in
just under 9 years.

And that assumes no "breakthroughs"
on the compute side, i.e. that the line
is gonna stay linear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obviously merchants need cash and physical money so Bitcoins should be converted first. But that won’t take too long. That's the big advantage of e-currency now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
> Only 21 Million Bitcoin can be mined

...under the current scheme. Nothing
prevents that from being changed.

> and that will be done in the year 2140

https://blockchain.info/charts/total-bitcoins

At the rate of ~1.4 million per year --
the graph shows ~10.6 million vs ~12
million for Jan vs Dec 2013 -- the now
remaining ~12 million might be done in
just under 9 years.

And that assumes no "breakthroughs"
on the compute side, i.e. that the line
is gonna stay linear.
It is pretty much impossible to change the total number of BTC mined, and also the rate of BTC mined.

Every 4 years the reward will halve for miners. We are currently at the level of 25 per block, but in the year 2016 that will go down to 12.5 and in 2020 it will be 6.25. We will get close to 0 around 2140.

bitcoin.org or bitcointalk.org has more info about this if you want to look it up.

I know btc is just so very unique and revolutionary it is very hard to grasp. It takes me about 30 mins to sit down with someone who is highly educated to walk them though how all of it works before they can get a basic understanding of it all. But anyway, BTC is p2p and it will be gold 2.0. It is the future :)

BTW too much snow here and I can't play with that Gallardo, makes me sad :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.