Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I’ve just done the deal on this 2005 model it’s manual with 29k KM. it’s a 2 owner car original paint here in Switzerland and just had a full going over at the main dealer in st gallen, including a replacement clutch. It’s 100% standard no mods which is how I wanted it.

I’m going over again to the dealer on Monday afternoon to see the car on the ramp and give it a good once over. I’ve made a check list of items to look over. If any of you have any must check out items then please share.

Here are some pictures and I will for sure document the collection and drive back to the UK later in December weather permitting.

Here a quick around the car video

https://youtu.be/aGbFJcF0f74

Thanks mark

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gated, niiiiice. Congrats! Great video to remind everyone to not video this way, turn your phone so the video will fill the screen :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Check the date codes on those tires. They look like the old style, and if they are more than 10 years old, you'll need to budget for new tires.

Check for any leaks around the front shocks, as that is common problem at this age. And make sure the lift system is working. Also make sure everything else works like the locking gas door, bat wings, spoiler, mirror folding, A/C, etc. Check for fogging inside the headlights (a lot of work to fix).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Cool, as well as stimpys list check the door gas struts as they wear out. also make sure the immobilizer system works and you have 2 keys and fobs (I think this year used separate fobs?) if not, the extra key is very important as it is expensive.
Have fun driving from Switzerland to the UK and be careful of loading, unloading on trains or ferries as the front is easily scraped.
Also be careful when first driving in the UK (Euro car) as the murci is very wide and it is easy to curb the wheels or scrape the sides.
Oh, and one other very important thing, look for some long tunnels in the Alps and post videos.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all great points will make sure I have them listed

As for the drive I’m a regular on this route I’ve done it may be 12 times and will
And will make sure to book the lorry part of the Chanel tunnel learnt that last time in my x5 it was very tight

Will post more on Monday from the inspection

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts