Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slightly random question but just came up in a conversation I was having and I'd never considered it before.

HVAC temp display in UK and Europe is in Celcius

is that the same in Canada and the US? or is it Fahrenheit in some markets?

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
You can change that in the ECU and go from F to C. You need the Lara system to do it. You cant do it from a OBD tool or from any menu functions. My SL started life at Paramus Lamborghini in NJ. The original owner then took to to Canada and had the temp changed to C from F. After I got it, I've been trying for years to find someone that can change it back to F locally to me. I cant find anyone. I don't want to take it to the dealership that will charge me probably a crap ton just to change it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can change that in the ECU and go from F to C. You need the Lara system to do it. You cant do it from a OBD tool or from any menu functions. My SL started life at Paramus Lamborghini in NJ. The original owner then took to to Canada and had the temp changed to C from F. After I got it, I've been trying for years to find someone that can change it back to F locally to me. I cant find anyone. I don't want to take it to the dealership that will charge me probably a crap ton just to change it.
The dealer shouldn't charge that much. Most dealers have a minimum charge of 1 hour for labor and considering that changing from C to F literally takes 10 minutes they shouldn't charge you more than 1 hour. Did you actually call your local deal and ask them?

It was the same when they programed my new key for me. Took like 10-15 minutes but they charged me 1 hour. I didn't think that was unreasonable. Give your dealer a call. You might be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
The dealer shouldn't charge that much. Most dealers have a minimum charge of 1 hour for labor and considering that changing from C to F literally takes 10 minutes they shouldn't charge you more than 1 hour. Did you actually call your local deal and ask them?

It was the same when they programed my new key for me. Took like 10-15 minutes but they charged me 1 hour. I didn't think that was unreasonable. Give your dealer a call. You might be pleasantly surprised.
I'm going to call Lambo Newport Beach and speak with David who normally helps me. I'll see what the cost is.

Reactions: osti33

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Markiii, to follow up our conversation, I received and installed the Canada sourced HVAC and it is displaying in C, I think this is flagged by the car and not the module itself (as mentioned above, possibly other module like ECU/Cluster sets the units).. Plugged it in, worked out the box, no coding required.. I just ordered one second hand with the matching part number and had zero issues..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts