Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today was interesting. Cruising along when smoke starts coming out of the little vent on the hvac panel.

Followed by the smell of burning circuit board. Pulled over and bailed out. Fortunately the smoke dissipated and after 10 minutes i risked venturing back. Key in and everything ok but hvac dead

Drove home with no further incident

Now assuming i source the correct lambo replacement does anyone know if it needs coding ? Or is it plug and play

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well today was interesting. Cruising along when smoke starts coming out of the little vent on the hvac panel.

Followed by the smell of burning circuit board. Pulled over and bailed out. Fortunately the smoke dissipated and after 10 minutes i risked venturing back. Key in and everything ok but hvac dead

Drove home with no further incident

Now assuming i source the correct lambo replacement does anyone know if it needs coding ? Or is it plug and play
O7 spyder if it matters

·
Registered
788 Posts
I think I recall reading something about either some batches of the AC control panel being defective (though I thought it was very early ones). Then reading something about the Heater Core Valve under the center armrest leaking, causing the wiring that's attached to it to short out, causing that short to fry the panel.

So the first thing I would check is to confirm that your HCV isn't leaking and that the plug going into it isn't shorted out. Then if that all checks out, I guess replace it. But unfortunately, I can't answer the coding question.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,251 Posts
O7 spyder if it matters
Sorry to hear that but thanks I was curious regarding the model. Is this an uncommon occurrence with this model/model year?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,251 Posts
never heard of the HVAC panel going in this fashion myself, but the HCV whilst not common is not rare either
Thanks! New to the Lamborghini brand and playing catch up regarding the different models and their quirks.

·
Registered
788 Posts
yep, that looks like possibly it was shorted out by the HCV leaking at the connector. I would pull the connector to the HCV (I can't recall, but I think you have to get to it from under the car, possibly, it might be accessible from the top. I replaced mine as preventative some time ago. It was thankfully an easy swap).

I do believe if you can get a gallardo ac panel it should be plug and play... you might be able to use an A8 panel.. but that might require coding. The easiest option would be if you could try out someone else's (but not before you confirm the HCV plug isn't corroded, etc).

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Hcv did not cause that from leaking. Just changed mine and where the plug is located, very top, the hoses would have to be gushing in which case you would run out of cooling very quickly.

That being said, they do stick open..and could cause a short or other issues if the control panel keeps trying to close it.

A bad hcv is easy to identify by simply turning the ac on and seeing if you have condensation on the ground but yet only heat coming out the vents.

You can get an A8 panel for super cheap and then have a dealer reprogram it... swap a few buttons around and have a better looking one then what's in there now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts