Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Just curious what everyone thinks of the new Maserati MC20. I actually saw the car in person and it looks pretty impressive. I already ordered one as I think this car will surprise a lot of people. Obviously it will not sound like a Lambo but other than that it seems pretty solid.
Price starts at 210K but with carbon and certain other options quickly jumps up to 280 to 290K. Limited to 450 pcs for the first year for late 2021 delivery as a 22 model. The electric version comes out in 2022 and spider in 2023.
621HP 538 lb-ft torque out of a V6 Twin Turbo engine weight + 3306 lbs
This car is about 1.5" wider and about 8 to 9 inches longer than the Huracan.
Would you buy one ?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car
Car Vehicle Automotive design Sports car Supercar

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Steering wheel Car Center console

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
It's a beautiful car and certainly quick enough, but if I had to choose I would go with the Huracan. The Maserati I drove did have a deep throaty sound, but could not compare to the Huracan. The MC20 does look very luxurious and has a nice design but it is not for me, especially when you consider that it cost about the same when fully spec'd.

Reactions: Dane

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think it's the best looking Maserati I've seen. I especially like the rear end. Can't wait to see the topless version. I do prefer more cylinders though, despite the comparable power. For me, the next car will have 12 of them, but if I could afford it, I'd have one of each!

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
354 Posts
I think you have to prioritize what you want from a car. The MC20 has some clever engineering, and the torque output is clearly superior. But these items won’t create a long lasting emotional attachment for me. That comes more from the design, interior craftsmanship and sounds it will (or won’t) make. What attracts you to the MC20?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I loved it when it was announced. I haven't seen one in person but If I spec'd one I would do the launch colors. The white with blue pearlescent topcoat, black and blue interior. It's sexy for sure.

My biggest hangup is I sold my McLaren because (even with exhaust) it sounded like crap. I didn't connect with the engine and I fear the MC20 will be worse. I still want to test-drive one though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The MC20 is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I'd need to get the full experience in person. I have always found the Huracan to be a little "plain" looking....it sounds great though and I don't regret owning it. The MC20 is stunning

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Sharp looking car but honestly I don't like the Maserati emblem. What's the reliability and depreciation of Maseratis' in general?

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Sharp looking car but honestly I don't like the Maserati emblem. What's the reliability and depreciation of Maseratis' in general?
I agree that this is the best looking Maserati to date. I think I will have to see it in person before passing judgement. This combo could work for me!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Russ was it you or @surfah that referred to the front end of the MC20 as "trout mouth"?🐟:LOL:

Reactions: Leon

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
There is something else to consider and that is the size of the car. I think it might look a large.
Huracan
L-178" W-76" H-46
MC20
L-183.8" W-77.5" H-48.1"
I know that doesn't sound like much but it can make a big difference overall. Must see it in person.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Russ was it you or @surfah that referred to the front end of the MC20 as "trout mouth"?🐟:LOL:
Yep, that was I! I think I am begining to like it better now. But I don't like the size difference.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Yep, that was I! I think I am begining to like it better now. But I don't like the size difference.
What the fish or the car? Though, < 6 inch difference in length doesn't sound like much..............that is, when we're talking about cars. ;)

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I am referring to the "mouth". It might look better in person. Yes that is a big difference, even 2" in height bothers me, but it will fit some of those big guys that can't fit well in a Huracan.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I know...........but I couldn't resist. ;)
Another thing about the car it is actually over 100 pounds lighter than the Huracan. Seems impossible considering how much larger it is?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wouldn’t consider the MC20 even for second. Neat that it has “billionaire doors”, but that was the only thing it has on the H.

Similar to the fugly Audio TT, when looking the rocker area, I get the same “which end is which?!?” feeling.

Just saw a YouTube video where they started & rev’d and it sounds like a UPS truck.

No thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Wouldn’t consider the MC20 even for second. Neat that it has “billionaire doors”, but that was the only thing it has on the H.

Similar to the fugly Audio TT, when looking the rocker area, I get the same “which end is which?!?” feeling.

Just saw a YouTube video where they started & rev’d and it sounds like a UPS truck.

No thanks.
That what I was afraid of, but you gotta love the doors. Nonetheless it couldn't pull me away from the Huracan.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Have you looked at prices for used Maserati's, the drop, like a lot. This may be different, but I am not much of a gambler. It is a nice looking car but a v6...nope.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Have you looked at prices for used Maserati's, the drop, like a lot. This may be different, but I am not much of a gambler. It is a nice looking car but a v6...nope.
Well if I am ever was inclined to get a 6 cylinder sports car I would get another Porsche but that ain’t going to happen.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Well if I am ever was inclined to get a 6 cylinder sports car I would get another Porsche but that ain’t going to happen.
I agree, Porsche has maximized the power and performance of their cars, but they sure are getting expensive.

Reactions: Dane
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.