Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of people have tinted their side windows on the Huracans. Anyone that tinted their sides, did you also tint you rear transparent bonnet glass?

If so what percentage did you do all around and do you have pictures.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I did 30% (which actually tested at 25%, legal in FL) on the sides only, not the rear. I am happy with the level of time. The 458 is too dark (purchased it that way) and is borderline legal.

I personally wouldn’t do the rear, it sees zero direct light.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
On my 2021 EVO, I did 25% and also did not do rear bonnet glass partition. I have to say 25% on the side windows was a little darker then I would do again given it compromised visibility at night.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@wthensler @Lambo2018

Are either of you noticing anything looking off without the rear bonnet being tinted where as the sides are?

I would probably do a very light tint on my sides of 50% just so it doesn't attract negative attention as it's illegal here in some parts of Canada.

Also did either of you tint that small engine bay partition glass inside the cabin behind the seats?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
OP, I did not feel that the look was odd or off with the engine bonnet glass not being tinted. One other thing, the engine bay and glass above it gets pretty darn hot so I am not sure the tint would hold up all that well.

No, I did not tint the glass behind the seats so as not to diminish/compromise visibility.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OP, I did not feel that the look was odd or off with the engine bonnet glass not being tinted. One other thing, the engine bay and glass above it gets pretty darn hot so I am not sure the tint would hold up all that well.

No, I did not tint the glass behind the seats so as not to diminish/compromise visibility.

I figured that also as the tint could eventually melt and permanently stick to the bonnet glass.

Thank you for your help I appreciate it I'm still many months away from my car but trying to gather information before hand and make decisions.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I did 55% on sides and front as tint on the driver and passenger side windows is not legal in California and don’t want to attract attention from law enforcement. Plus, with the size and shape of these windows, you don’t need to go as dark with the tint (especially if you do the front since you’ll be reducing the amount of light entering the cabin). 55% on this car looks more like 45% on cars with larger windows. Nothing at the rear.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Thank you for your help I appreciate it I'm still many months away from my car but trying to gather information before hand and make decisions.
Always smart to plan ahead!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did 55% on sides and front as tint on the driver and passenger side windows is not legal in California and don’t want to attract attention from law enforcement. Plus, with the size and shape of these windows, you don’t need to go as dark with the tint (especially if you do the front since you’ll be dramatically reducing the amount of light entering the cabin). 55% on this car looks more like 45% on cars with larger windows. Nothing at the rear.
Got any pics of that tint in the car? That's roughly what I'd be looking at in terms of percentage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did 15% on the sides, 65% on the front. any tint is illegal on the sides in my state but never once gotten in trouble for it in 4 years. they let exotics slide here.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Someone needs to explain to me why you would want to tint you windshield?

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
I actually took all my tint off including the partition in the engine. Was hard to see and well I want people to see me driving the car.
I've never done tint. Seems like it can be a hassle with edges and scratches over time. Plus, car is never really outside long enough with the sun beating on it to do any damage. Although I will say it does look cool (no pun intended).

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I actually took all my tint off including the partition in the engine. Was hard to see and well I want people to see me driving the car.
LOL, at least you are honest about it, I would never admit it, but yeah.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
I've never done tint. Seems like it can be a hassle with edges and scratches over time. Plus, car is never really outside long enough with the sun beating on it to do any damage. Although I will say it does look cool (no pun intended).
I did my tint simply because it looks so good with the black top.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Someone needs to explain to me why you would want to tint you windshield?
Russ, come on, after all it works, doesn’t everyone want to drive like Mr Magoo?

I did not tint my 2022 EVO nor will I tint the STO.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Russ, come on, after all, it works doesn’t everyone want to drive like Mr Magog?

I did not tint my 2022 EVO nor will I tint the STO.
It just seems to me that you would want maximum visual clarity when you are looking out the front of your rocket ship. To me it would be like adding cataracts to my windshield.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts