Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
The STO has such an impressive presence, almost like an SVJ.
I enjoy it so much and whenever i am somewhere with my STO, it gets way more attention than my EVO. But it's so impractical ...

The Tecnica has just regular Huracan vibes, i saw it in person, nothing special about it .. just another Huracan (but ofc it's still georgeous)

But i do have a Tecnica incoming, so i am curious how it compares to the STO and EVO.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
The STO doesn't look good at certain angles and looks too short which is why I went with black because it hides some of the awkward design elements. To me the Tecnica looks longer and has a cleaner design. I also love the rear engine cover area.

Both cars serve a different purpose but I would take a Tecnica over a STO and too bad I couldn't secure an allocaiton because I could have made really good money selling my STO and went AdP crazy on the Tecnica.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I like the Performante most, 2nd place goes to EVO RWD and STO is in third for me. Then EVO AWD, LP610 and LP580 RWD and then the Tecnica in last.

Tecnica is like the 3rd generation Gallardo. Ugliest of the bunch and doesn't bring anything new to the range besides a "new" design.
Something’s the Tecnica brings that the 610 RWD does not are Direct Steering, LDVI, Rear Wheel Steering, Light Weight, More Down Force, STO gear box, more HP than any RWD Huracan.
The Tecnica brings a lot more to the table than just looks like the Gallardo you mention.

Also, people should not compare the STO to any daily driver Huracan as they are not in the same “legal” per say. The STO is more of a 600LT competitor and the 570S would be more for the Tecnica. They are built for complete different things. The aggressiveness of the STO is meant for the race track and not the roads. The Tecnica how ever is built for the road BUT can be taken on the track.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,124 Posts
I do look forward to seeing the Tecnica in person and will reserve judgement until then...........I learned the hard way, spelt STO. Though, I can say emphatically the STO looks pretty decent.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO (Ordered 06/29/2021)
36 Posts
Several things really bother me about the Technica.

1. The two front edged black plastic Y design elements, with the goofy little indentations, will attract bugs and other road debris. This is nonsense; strictly form over function. More plastic cheapens it.
2. Not a fan of the black plastic hood piece, immediately in front of the windshield. More plastic, again.
3. Not a fan of the relocated gas cap; ruins the free flow/uninterrupted lines of the EVO.
4. Not a fan of the rear design, specifically the sharp rear diffuser angles & the chopped lower rear fender design by the rear wheels, which will necessitate PPF, unless you want major road rash on your rear end.
5. Not a fan of the redesign of the three quarter side profile of the elongated air duct above and behind the doors.
6. Rear window design is odd/unusual. Reminds me of Lotus…
7. Rear spoiler is meh.
It’s taken almost 18 months for my EVO. I almost canceled my order for the Technica, but once I saw the Technica, I went ahead with my order, rather than wait for and order the Technica. Technica fans, don’t hate, I wouldn’t kick it out of my bed, however…
I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder, YMMV.
Cheers/B

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well, no need to air out our grievances about this one versus that. Most (not all) exotics have great and not-so-great angles.

That the STO is a wild looking, impractical car goes without saying. In a perverse sort of way, I get the Italian humor and enjoy the car for what it is. Except it is a little too distracting for the other drivers.

If I had to start from scratch, I’d be fine with the Tecnica, I think. But, oh well, I’m stuck with the nuances of the STO.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts