Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone retrofitted the Titanium Roll bar since you can't order it for the US market? Will Lamborghini sell the part?

· Registered
365 Posts
A bruised head is better than a worse injury. Roll CAGES are even better, offering chassis rigidity along with greater protection all around. If you drive fast, I highly recommend a roll bar at least, but it has to be strong enough to do the job. I know of no sanctioning body that accepts Ti as a roll bar material, but they may exist. The usual stuff is mild steel or chromoly steel.

There may be one, and roll bars can be very effective. I saw a little Fiat convertible in a tire/auto shop once that was quite wrecked. However, the girl's dad had insisted the car have a roll bar. The roll bar saved her life, keeping the car from landing, upside-down, on her head. She escaped relatively unscathed, unlike her little steel-blue Italian friend.

· Premium Member
2,145 Posts
I bought the factory aluminum rollbar for my 580. The Ti one should become available for separate purchase at later date.

These rollbars are purely cosmetics, but you prob already know that. They look very nice and light weight.

· Registered
134 Posts
I would be interested. Lose what limited storage space I have for a collapsible chair and a few other small items on track days - I drive the car to track. Mainly interested in having it for HANS and harnesses to hold me in tighter on such a relatively high downforce/grip car. BMW has gotten away with it. I would like the original ti version. Reached out to akrapovic's US distributer and they said they would look into it but just crickets. Seat back should protect you from hitting the cage in normal driving crashes I would think. It would be a high price item but I paid for the SC Pack that has basically only given me Mag rims I am still waiting to get picked up.

Love the car though.

· Registered
134 Posts
I got some BS back from a repair shop (not the shop but who they spoke with supposedly) claiming it cannot be installed unless the car is for off-road use only and a professional Lamborghini racing company does the installation - whatever that means beyond we won't sell them direct.

· Vendor
2,286 Posts
I have one titanium OEM roll bar on order for a customer. It is not very easy to order. Price and availability will show up on any Euro based parts suppliers portal but once the order is placed it will get kicked back from the Lamborghini and they require a lot of supporting documentation to process the order.
After the order I placed is fulfilled I will consider selling these.

· Registered
59 Posts
I have one titanium OEM roll bar on order for a customer. It is not very easy to order. Price and availability will show up on any Euro based parts suppliers portal but once the order it placed it will get kicked back from the Lamborghini and they require a lot of supporting documentation to process the order.
After the order I placed is fulfilled I will consider selling these.
my friend is really expecting to receive the Titanium roll bar 👍

1 - 17 of 17 Posts