Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Why not just look in the Sto thread Huracán STO? There is a bunch of info on that there and no reason to start a new thread on it

Reactions: ehsan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Perhaps he doesn't want to read 40+ pages of a thread to find the answer? I never understood the "megathread" mentality. This is a pretty straight forward question that will be asked over and over and most likely deserves its own thread since searching for this question is very likely to bring up this thread. In fact, when you google "Huracan STO production numbers", this exact thread is the #2 link currently.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Perhaps he doesn't want to read 40+ pages of a thread to find the answer? I never understood the "megathread" mentality. This is a pretty straight forward question that will be asked over and over and most likely deserves its own thread since searching for this question is very likely to bring up this thread. In fact, when you google "Huracan STO production numbers", this exact thread is the #2 link currently.
Read? You can search within a post and it'll take around a second or two to find your answer. Beyond me why people are so lazy.

And the answer to OP's question is no one knows.

Reactions: wthensler

·
Registered
472 Posts
Read? You can search within a post and it'll take around a second or two to find your answer. Beyond me why people are so lazy.

And the answer to OP's question is no one knows.
In support of @Huracann's post, I've analyzed this extensively and have breaking information...

Unless production ceases mid-car, the smart money is it being an integer, or more correctly, a whole number.

Assuming allocations are honored, a whole number would be a better outcome than a fraction.

Feel free to consult your local dealer for further explanation and mayhem should this not suffice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't see an option to search within a post on this site (I don't doubt you, I just don't see it). What I do see is that the first post to show up when someone searches "Huracan STO production numbers" in the big search bar at the top is this post. The other post is way down on the list and does not take you immediately to relevant information. I am also fairly certain this topic will come up more and more often in the years to come as people try to figure out how to value this car in the future. Might as well save everyone time and have a thread on the topic no?

·
Registered
267 Posts
The reality is that no one outside of Lamborghini knows, and even their current production plans will adjust depending on how the demand mix for the various Huracans models unfold over the next several years.

My own instincts say that 2021 volume will fall short of their original plan due to COVID-related supply chain constraints and that 2022 (& 2023?) will be above plan since they’ll need to catch back up as well as try to satisfy a demand level that exceeded their internal sales budget for the STO model.

Dealers are currently accumulating deposits for 2022/23 allocations so as to a) secure more cars for their own store and b) assist Lamborghini in their capacity planning using the aggregate number of deposits globally.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Supplier issues due to COVID is the reason for the delays. There's no guarantee the delays won't affect builds happening next year and it also means some options might not be available until next year or might be completely removed.

From what I've been told by my SA and someone who works at the factory they'll be around 800-1000 STOs. The US market is getting the bulk of allocations. Smaller markets in southeast Asia, South America, etc.. are getting 1-2 if that. I was also told allocation from the UK is getting shifted to Mainland EU. UK supercar market is struggling at the moment. Even if the number balloons to say 1200 it'll still be a rarer than the Pista and AMG BS.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Yup, my SVJ63 roadster got delayed due to supplier issues and getting answers from HQ regrarding delays is a pain in the ass. COVID sucks.

And the Pista at this point is a mass produced vehicle so I wouldn't even compare the Pista to the STO. My guess is the STO will rarer than the 765 coupe + spyder. Anyway you slice it the STO will be a rare beast.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Supplier issues due to COVID is the reason for the delays. There's no guarantee the delays won't affect builds happening next year and it also means some options might not be available until next year or might be completely removed.

From what I've been told by my SA and someone who works at the factory they'll be around 800-1000 STOs. The US market is getting the bulk of allocations. Smaller markets in southeast Asia, South America, etc.. are getting 1-2 if that. I was also told allocation from the UK is getting shifted to Mainland EU. UK supercar market is struggling at the moment. Even if the number balloons to say 1200 it'll still be a rarer than the Pista and AMG BS.
GT BS is supposedly only being produced for calendar 2021 and has also experienced Covid related production delays.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
GT BS is supposedly only being produced for calendar 2021 and has also experienced Covid related production delays.
Lol, so STO isn't limited according to you but AMG BS is going to be limited to one year? Tim (shmee150) mentioned they're building a ton of AMG BS, probably over 2000+ cars.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Lol, so STO isn't limited according to you but AMG BS is going to be limited to one year? Tim (shmee150) mentioned they're building a ton of AMG BS, probably over 2000+ cars.
I didn’t say they won’t build 2,000 GT BS’s. Just mentioned that production of the GT model platform is supposed to stop at the end of calendar 2021. It’s anyone’s guess whether this will be extended due to COVID so they can catch up on their budgeted build quantity.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I didn’t say they won’t build 2,000 GT BS’s. Just mentioned that production of the GT model platform is supposed to stop at the end of calendar 2021. It’s anyone’s guess whether this will be extended due to COVID so they can catch up on their budgeted build quantity.
They'll be more AMG BS than the STO. Like I posted above Tim has said on various uploads he's expecting a ton of AMG BS and he's the biggest AMG fanboy.

And what's with you asking the same questions over and over again about the STO? When someone gives you an answer you're defensive about and don't believe it. I had a look at the STO thread on Ferrari Chat and you're asking the same questions in that thread.

I'm not sure if you're a troll or a Ferrari fanboy but it's getting annoying. You claim you have a slot, man up and buy the car. If not, let someone else enjoy it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thank you.

I met Tim several years ago at the McLaren winter ball (Senna launch) and communicate with him regularly. Needless to say, he’s an extremely passionate and knowledgeable collector. He’s a fan of cars in general and I think his decision to move forward with an STO is great and will complement his collection nicely.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Ok but it still doesn't explain why you keep posting the same questions over and over again about the STO on two different forums? Is it hard for you to come to terms that the STO is the real deal? Maybe buyer's remorse because you put money down on the AMG BS instead of the STO?

Reactions: surfah

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Thank you.

I met Tim several years ago at the McLaren winter ball (Senna launch) and communicate with him regularly. Needless to say, he’s an extremely passionate and knowledgeable collector. He’s a fan of cars in general and I think his decision to move forward with an STO is great and will complement his collection nicely.
I thought Coincident is getting a 765LT?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok but it still doesn't explain why you keep posting the same questions over and over again about the STO on two different forums? Is it hard for you to come to terms that the STO is the real deal? Maybe buyer's remorse because you put money down on the AMG BS instead of the STO?
Questions about production quantity? It’s a natural discussion had regarding most special edition cars which have not been marketed as “1 of XX”. There were numerous interesting debates about this subject when the GT2 RS and Pista were released.

I have an allocation for a GT BS and a deposit in on an STO. I’m enthusiastic about the STO for what the car is intrinsically as well as how it would complement my existing collection of cars of that genre - GT2 RS, Speciale, Pista, 675LT, 765LT, Senna, SLS BS.... GT BS by summer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.