Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracan Sterrato

89K views 1K replies 82 participants last post by  johnwick77 
#1 ·
Dealer offered me a Hurrican Sterrato allocation.

Seems like a nice car for NYC road, top speed though is only 160mph vs EVO 202. Should I wait for the evo or another allocation? I wanted a clean sophisticated lambo as my first, this one looks a little rough.

Regards

#2 ·
If you don't like it, then don't spend $325k on something you wouldn't be happy with.

If you're on a list for an Evo, allocations are getting very few. Your dealer should know how many total of each car they can get in 2023, so I would ask if you will be getting one at all.

Different thought, but anything over 163 mph would be more than I would be comfortable driving on NYC streets.

#15 ·
Not sure but they reached out to me last week and asked if I wanted an allocation. Few other owners I know who deal with GT also received a call. I was told I had a week to decide if I wanted an allocation or not.

I think the issue is the MSRP is too high. It's a niche variant and once you add options + LT you're nudging $400k. This doesn't include AdP paint or the livery package which could add another $50k.

#18 ·
Just built and submitted my spec. Going Grigio Telesto.

In regards to why a Sterrato? --- I think a lot of people forget that most cities are not well maintained. AZ/FL and some parts of California are perfect, and the Technica is the right fit, but in most U.S. Cities if you want to be able to get around without planning your destination and be less focused while driving (less worried about curbs, pot holes, bumps, visibility aka ride height), then its perfect.

I have a 720S Spider for the clean and fancy days. I am really excited to just drive an awesome car regardless of where I am going and not be (as) worried about it.

I bet there are a lot of Lamborghini owners here that drive a pretty boring car most days.....

#22 ·
I tried to convince myself for over a year that the Urus would make a great winter vehicle. Went for a few drives and just couldn’t fall in love with them. No SUV can substitute a sports car imo. If I wanted a 4.0l V8 TT I would go RS7 or RS6 like Slowdog, they’re both superior to the urus in my mind. The sterrato is perfect to keep the passion going all year for those of us who live in ****ty driving areas.

#24 ·
At the end of the day, trying to rationalize owning any of these cars (Sterrato, Tecnica, Urus) is just an exercise in justifying what is likely an emotional/lifestyle decision.

That said, I'll give it one more shot :)

I daily drive 2 Porsche's, splitting time between a GT3 Touring and GT2. Sometimes a very low, manual, RWD, shod with Sport Cup 2's isn't the best tool for the job that day. I have no need for additional "utility", so might as well buy something fun to alternate into.

#26 ·
Fair points. I'm usually a one or the other kind of person, I suppose. I either want impractical and insane, or utility and off-road capability, so the Sterrato may never make sense to me. Maybe I'll change my tune when I eventually see one in person. I'm sure it will still be a blast.

#29 ·
What sort of update did you get?

For those not doing winter academia, would some of you guys be interested in a 2-3 day rally driving course at Dirt Fish in Washington? I think I could get a decent group package from Adam there if 5+ are keen. Figured it would be good prep for the Sterrato.

#36 ·
They have released the pricing guide, maybe even more than once..

I think the most common specs will be the matte green, Eleos and Mantis personally. Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong but I think the Sterrato is the first time Eleos and Mantis colours were included in base price? I could be mistaken if they were “free” for Technica too.

#38 ·
I'm still on the fence about the Sterrato even though I provided a deposit. I don't think demand is there and I'm worried when I take delivery next year they'll be announcing the Huracan replacement. I might cancel my order and move my deposit to the replacement.