1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
MY18 Huracan LP610-4 Nero Noctis
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering wheel Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Plant Steering part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel

Hey Fellas,
My Huracan steering wheel has alcantara inserts but looks dirty or worn. See attached photos. Any suggestions on how I can bring this back to life/ new?
Anyone know a business that can recondition the steering wheel in Melb, AU?
Or is there a Lambo part number for the alcantara inserts you can buy from the dealership and have them put on or do you need to buy a whole new steering wheel?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Hey Fellas,
My Huracan steering wheel has alcantara inserts but looks dirty or worn. See attached photos. Any suggestions on how I can bring this back to life/ new?
Anyone know a business that can recondition the steering wheel in Melb, AU?
Or is there a Lambo part number for the alcantara inserts you can buy from the dealership and have them put on or do you need to buy a whole new steering wheel?
I hate Alcantara steering wheels for that reason but I think you are looking at a new steering wheel. There is a Alcantara cleaner Sonax but from the looks of your steering wheel I think the Alcantara is toast. If you have to replace the steering wheel I would think about buying a CF or leather one. Hopefully, others have a less grim prognosis and better recommendation. Good Luck!

Registered
MY18 Huracan LP610-4 Nero Noctis
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hate Alcantara steering wheels for that reason but I think you are looking at a new steering wheel. There is a Alcantara cleaner Sonax but from the looks of your steering wheel I think the Alcantara is toast. If you have to replace the steering wheel I would think about buying a CF or leather one. Hopefully, others have a less grim prognosis and better recommendation. Good Luck!
Thanks mate. Yeah I might give sonax a go and see if it improves. Parts for Lambos here in Aus are ridiculously expensive so would prefer doing a repair opposed to a buying a new one - considering the car has done only 15k kms

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
Thanks mate. Yeah I might give sonax a go and see if it improves. Parts for Lambos here in Aus are ridiculously expensive so would prefer doing a repair opposed to a buying a new one - considering the car has done only 15k kms
I love Sonax products and there are some great videos online that show how to bring Alcantara back to looking new but that may be beyond that point. Good luck!!

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I guess you can give Sonax a go but I am not optimistic. Alcantara is not my preferred material as you may have gleaned from my comment above. I have specced leather steering wheels on all my Sports cars as well. Going forward you may want to consider leather driving gloves because the oils, sweat and friction from the hand do a number on the Alcantara as you can well see. Let us know, if like Lazarus, the Sonax can resurrect the Alcantara. :giggle:

Reactions: TTBear

Premium Member
It's just going to keep happening, mine was Alcantara and it didnt take long to look crappy. So I replaced with a leather and carbon fiber one. You could just find a shop to strip off the Alcantara and redo with leather? I know of a great shop here in the US that can turn around a wheel like that in 2 days but not sure you want to send here? I;m sure there are some good shops in AU you could find
Speedometer Vehicle Plant Trip computer Gauge

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
If you got close to 10K miles out of it I'd say that's pretty good. Once the Alcantera gets to a certain point there is nothing left to bring back and has to be replaced. I went through an aftermarket one in 2K miles. I was hoping Lamborghinis OEM would do better.

Premium Member
MY problem is I really like the feel and the look of the Alcantera so if I have to replace the wheel in the future so be it.

Reactions: fabo and Milazzo

Premium Member
alcantara yes for the look but when hands become wet its disaster.
Yes you鈥檙e right. I always make a point to make sure my hands are clean and dry before they touch that steering wheel.

Premium Member
Do you do Alcantera wheels as well?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
lots of our clients ask for advise i always say:
1. want for the look - Alcantara
2. want practicality - Perforated Leather
It's good there is a less radical way of taking care of steering wheel that has badly worn Alcantara but for me I go leather all day long and twice on Sunday. I personally prefer the smooth leather to the perforated look though.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
yes smooth also is an option but i think perforated push out all water from hands..
I see but even with my leather steering wheels I always wear leather gloves for grip and to avoid sweat and oil transfer. Sort of like belt and suspenders. ;)

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
you like a guy that cares of cars a lot you know the hard work that was involved to buy it and value of it, and how you bought it , respect!
Thank you my friend for the kind words!

Premium Member
OP I have a steering wheel if you need one or if anyone else does. Came off my 2019 580-2 because I retrofitted cruise control on my car and that meant I had to replace the steering wheel. Was used for 3k miles so it's basically brand new.
Automotive tire Wheel Steering part Alloy wheel Vehicle

Premium Member
I still think Alcantera has the best look and feel.

Reactions: Milazzo and Rcasa20

Premium Member
Russ for the look its great - for practicality game over maximum 1 month ;))
For active drivers, that might be the case. I drive 800 to 1000 miles a year and I have 800 miles on mine right now and it still show room perfect. I do take good care of it, so maybe I鈥檓 the exception.

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
For active drivers, that might be the case. I drive 800 to 1000 miles a year and I have 800 miles on mine right now and it still show room perfect. I do take good care of it, so maybe I鈥檓 the exception.
And apparently you don't drive around with your hands all wet right. Who does that!!!

Premium Member
I like driving my car after I've done yard work. The sap on my hands provides even more grip on the Alcantara. Another benefit is the fresh pine sap smell on the steering wheel and the interior. Win win.
I know what you mean, when I slap on the Hawaian Tropic that oil on my hands nicely conditions the Alcantera.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts