Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a desperate bid to find some nice carbon shifters for the Gallardo, I have been looking at images comparing the various shifters mainly at how they connect to the steering column... to be honest they all look very similar.... but exact photos from the exact same angles are hard to find...

Has anyone looked into this? Compared side by side a set of shifters from the other models to see if they would, by chance, fit the Gallardo?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

The bolt patterns look like a match to me. But I notice the metal bracing plate is slightly tilted outwards in the Gallardo compared to the Aventador... may or may not be an issue depending on the angles of the Aventador paddles.....

If only someone have a pair of the Aventador paddles to try or at least can measure them in real life....

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts
That sounds great but can you find the Aventador paddles at a decent price (vs. $700 KLA) ??

·
Registered
2011 LP560-4 Spyder / Blu Fontus
563 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great project.
FWIW
The angle of the paddle shifter, clearance between steering wheel, turn signal stalks et al, dash panel is a key dimension.
Installing may be necessary as 1 degree could be vital.
With costs at $700, having some made, modified or making some 3-D samples as mentioned above, some seems a reasonable option.
Again, great project, have fun :)

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Hi Jinster,
strongly suggest buy the KLA paddles and then have them hydrographically dipped with the carbon fibre pattern of your choice as i have done with my LP 560-4,See attached article for lamborghini Club Australia magazine.
cheers,
john

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Jinster,
strongly suggest buy the KLA paddles and then have them hydrographically dipped with the carbon fibre pattern of your choice as i have done with my LP 560-4,See attached article for lamborghini Club Australia magazine.
View attachment 296698 .
cheers,
john
Hi John. The KLA shifters are on back order. Not sure when they would be available. You got yours dipped, right? Is it a glossy carbon finish if you dip? How is the durability? KLA is certainly the more straight forward way to go but they simply aren't available.

The reason I am looking into Aventador paddles is because they seem to be available on Aliexpress/Alibaba at "reasonable" prices...

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts
Hi Jinster,
As to durability, my dipped paddles look as good as the day installed.
Also the dipped engine covers look as good as day installed, even after all engine bay heat.
I would say that the dipped finish is gloss for both kla paddles and engine covers.
Note critical point on dipping engine covers is getting the pattern to line up when assembled in the engine bay as my dipper achieved after several tries.
Same as this 2x2 twill weave style from hydrodipping site, castle hill , Sydney.
BMWCovers.jpg

The Aliexpress Aventador paddles you show look very similar with regards to connection to the column.
The only concern is the clearance between the paddles and the steering wheel rim.
However, only one way for you to find out I guess.
if you do purchase a set, let us know how it goes.
cheers,
john

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.