Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very sorry for the owner.

I didn't know they could confiscate the car and auction it off. I hope they don't.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-confiscate-luxury-sports-car-caught-speeding

Copenhagen, Denmark (AP) -- Danish police have confiscated a high-performance luxury car after its new owner was caught speeding as he drove it home from Germany to Norway, a northern Danish newspaper reported Friday.

The man, an Iraqi citizen resident in Norway who was not identified, was registered Thursday as driving at 236 kph (147 mph) in his Lamborghini Huracan on a stretch of highway where the top speed is 130 kph (81 mph).

Under a new Danish law, police can seize the vehicles of reckless drivers and auction them off, with the money going into Danish coffers.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Thought NJ was bad !!!!
Nahhhhh...I thought in Jersey it was just for drugs that they could confiscate.

Though I no longer follow the laws in NJ (lived there many years), in VA you can go to jail for speeding above 80mph. A writer for Jalopnik did 3 days and an ice hockey player (I think) was nailed at 100 on the DC Capital Beltway (495) on an early Sunday morning. He did 10 days in jail and has a misdemeanor record to boot!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,508 Posts
They can impound your car in Hawaii for going over 80 or 30mph over the speed
limit. I said they can I would hope they wouldn’t do it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
In regards to speed, going double the speed limit on public roads is down right dangerous. Slower drivers can step out of their lane and impossible to react fast enough to avoid them.
Maybe I am in the minority, but I see nothing wrong with a country imposing laws like this. Double the speed limit is reckless

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In regards to speed, going double the speed limit on public roads is down right dangerous. Slower drivers can step out of their lane and impossible to react fast enough to avoid them.
Maybe I am in the minority, but I see nothing wrong with a country imposing laws like this. Double the speed limit is reckless
That discussion goes to if you unplug your computer you won't be hacked. Yes, it is least dangerous when everyone drives 10 kmh.

It's the governments' job to make roads faster while at the same time safer.

It looks like danish government chose to cash out instead of doing the right thing.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
That discussion goes to if you unplug your computer you won't be hacked. Yes, it is least dangerous when everyone drives 10 kmh.

It's the governments' job to make roads faster while at the same time safer.

It looks like danish government chose to cash out instead of doing the right thing.
This is your argument?
Nobody is talking about 10kmh
The car was impounded for doing a ridiculous speed on a public road.

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
One of the many reasons I like Lambo so much is you can be fooled into thinking you are going faster than you actually are. You can be having fun causing a ruckus downshifting and making noise whilst pretty much obeying the speed limit. This wasn't possible in my 3RS. You had to be between 7-9k wringing the engine out to get any sound or have fun and then you were severely breaking the speed limit. Common sense will also go a long way to keep you out of trouble as well.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
I have no sympathy for the aforementioned dipstick on two counts i.e., he was being excessively reckless + ignorance of the law is no excuse, and if was aware of said law then he got what he deserved. I just hope the next owner enjoys the Performante.

Addendum: OP, I could not pull up the link so I am posting another link.............

1 - 20 of 41 Posts