Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For 23 years I've been engineering seat belts for companies across the globe (John Deere, Caterpillar, US Postal, etc). A couple weeks ago I had the rare privilege of getting to spend time with one of our end user customers. As I was following up on some recent orders just to see how things were going, I received a response from a great guy & Lambo-talk member 'breakskeet'. He was about 1.5hrs away and was having a small installation issue. I jumped on the opportunity to be hands-on with a customer and we had a great evening together.

Following are basic steps on the process for removing and installing a seat belt for the Huracan. This is not meant to be completely exhaustive and detailed tutorial. However, it will serve as a guide for those with basic mechanical skills and/or curiosities.

Here is how things look with the seats folded forward:

The top trim pieces should come off next. All automotive trim I've ever seen functions basically the same way. There are shaped tabs/grommets that snap into a similarly shaped plastic or sheet metal hole that's part of the body.

Another picture of trim tabs here. You can see how this piece would squeeze into a slightly smaller rectangular hole to form a tight fit.

Occasionally some pieces are held in place by a small fastener as seen here. For the most part, the pieces have to be removed sequentially since one piece lays over the next.

Next step is the bottom rear console and then vertical back panel:

Here are a couple pics of that trim piece out of the car and the rubber grommets that help hold it in place and vibrationally isolate it from the vehicle.

We found that these things like to stay in the car when the panel is removed and have to be placed back in their slot before re-installation.

These few panels are what led us to our final piece that covers the speaker and the seat belt retractor. This may be the toughest piece to remove because there is a small fastener behind the trim that requires a small socket extension. The only real trouble is not dropping the nut after it's been removed. It can be retrieved if you drop it but you have to remove another trim piece along the bottom of the door. We know this from personal experience!

With the retractor exposed, things ease up and the remaining few bolts are easily accessed.

To be continued...

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Seat belt install/uninstall tutorial - Part 2 of 2

Two small philips screws plus four plastic tabs hold the seat belt webbing bezel into place. This is the point where the seat belt webbing transitions out from behind the trim. If you don't get the the plastic tabs on the bezel lined up properly (it will be obvious), it will add additional friction to the webbing path.

An overall view of how the seat belt sits behind the trim:

This is the end anchor that mounts to the floor:

The final step is unplugging the retractors from the pyro/pretensioner firing system. This is probably the most intricate task as you need to be gentle with the plugs as to not break/short them. The risk is extremely low but it's still good to be gentle with such small plastic pieces.

Once the seat belt is removed, simply send it to our facility (each project comes with a full quote of all costs up front as well as specific instructions on packaging/delivery/etc). The process is reversed upon installation, of course.

Here is the final look after installation:

Thanks for the amazing ride, breakskeet!

We've had many customers spend many thousands of dollars on custom paint and custom interiors, yet oddly enough custom seat belts are often the first thing that get noticed.

When you are ready for your upgrade to any of our 32 colors, shoot us a PM or see this service at our website HERE. Our webbing colors can be found HERE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts