Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very safety conscious and always have been. I thought it appropriate to share these couple recent stories. A lady and her dog were killed last month by Las Vegas wide receiver Henry Ruggs when he plowed into the back of her car drunk and it caught fire. She and her dog were burned alive.

A New Jersey woman died in a fire in a Huracan EVO on Halloween when she was T-boned on the drivers side and the car caught fire and she was burned alive also. At least the passenger was rescued in that incident. Remember, the Huracan is a very small low car and susceptible to possibly catching fire if hit just right.

As a precaution, I keep the following in my Huracan:

1.) Safecraft PB1211 fire extinguisher which contains Halon 1211. Safecraft manufacturers exclusively for motorsport, marine and aviation. Hands down I believe the best fire extinguisher for a car. It costs more but it's worth it.

2.) Lifehammer - emergency porcelain spring loaded window breaker with seatbelt cutter.
Amazon.com

3.) Leatherman multi-purpose tool and a first aid kit.
Product Tool Vehicle Electric blue Auto part

There are many accidents/fires where people are trapped because the door won't open and they can't break the glass and/or remove their seatbelt. That's why the Lifehammer is so critical. I recommend getting two piece Velcro and stick it right under the seat where you can grab it quickly when needed.

The leatherman and first aid kit easily fit in the cargo net behind the seat. If you don't have the cargo net. You can order this from the dealer and easily install yourself. It's just so dang handy. Ridiculous, it's not included in all Huracans, especially when there isn't that much storage to begin with.

I've heard some say they don't need a fire extinguisher because they prefer their car to burn instead so they can get it replaced instead of repaired. Wrong thinking. You may need it one day to save your life and/or offer aid to someone else's car who catches fire and you could possibly save their life.

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you only have one for the whole car or had one for driver and passenger side?
I have two. In case of what type of accident and I can't get to one I have a secondary backup. One is held by velcro under the driver seat and the second is in the cargo net within easy reach. I don't velcro the second one under the passenger seat because of the fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Coroner reports the woman who was rear-ended by Ruggs burned to death.

Hell has a special place for those.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,845 Posts
Thanks Royal, I’m on it now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts