Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone and thanks for having me here on the forum! Nearly 6 months ago (May 28th) I visited Lamborghini of San Francisco in Marin and ordered my dream car, a 2022 Huracan RWD Spyder leaving a $25,000 deposit. I was in Initially told that I should have my car between November and February and that the order would most likely be placed that next month. Fast forward to today and my order has yet to be submitted and the sales manager has told me they haven’t had a single allocation since I placed my order! I feel as if I’m never going to get my dream car :(((. Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
3,498 Posts
If you’ve never bought a car from them they are simply giving others allocations. Sorry but they’re definitely not being honest with you.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,487 Posts
It is a shame that it has come to this. I know dealers are desperate for inventory. I never received anything like this before, but after making my appointment for servicing I got this message.
RUSSELL,
We are interested in purchasing your 2021 LAMBORGHINI HURACAN EVO. Would you like a complimentary appraisal when you are here for service on November 16th?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve contacted other dealers too within the state and they are all telling me between 9 months to 1 year, and that fine, as long as it’s really true:(. I’m starting to think that 12 months will go by with San Francisco and I still won’t even have my order placed. I’m beginning to loose hope:( I purchased a new RWD R8 Spyder to hold me over (one was in stock in Fremont) but it’s not a Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I’ve contacted other dealers too within the state and they are all telling me between 9 months to 1 year, and that fine, as long as it’s really true:(. I’m starting to think that 12 months will go by with San Francisco and I still won’t even have my order placed. I’m beginning to loose hope:( I purchased a new RWD R8 Spyder to hold me over (one was in stock in Fremont) but it’s not a Lamborghini.
Sorry to hear about the experience. The R8 Spyder is a really great car. And it has a volume knob for the audio!

Reactions: Ryanvhenriksen

·
Registered
49 Posts
This very well could be possible. My dealer has shown me the actual email(s) from Lambo with a month's allocation list. I'm pretty sure since July, my dealer has not received a single RWD allocation.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
It is a shame that it has come to this. I know dealers are desperate for inventory. I never received anything like this before, but after making my appointment for servicing I got this message.
RUSSELL,
We are interested in purchasing your 2021 LAMBORGHINI HURACAN EVO. Would you like a complimentary appraisal when you are here for service on November 16th?
Curious to see what they offer you. Whatever they offer you it will at least be $30K less than they are sure they can get. I wonder if someone on the island has seen your car and quietly made an offer that they are passing along, money in the bank so to speak (from the dealerships perspective). Let us know......

·
Registered
73 Posts
I put down a refundable $10k deposit. Why not call 5 dealers and put down $50k and know for sure someone’s going to get you an allocation. I would not sit idlely by man this is your dream car.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
OP - I was in the same boat as well. I was looking at 12 months or more and that's if everything went right. In today's economic environment and current World events I felt like anything can happen between now and then. It was too far out for me. I was able to find a 2020 EVO awd coupe with 1,688 miles. It was sold by Dallas Lamborghini originally and they resold it for the customer who was a Doctor. Guess he didn't want it. Car was perfect, loaded (320k sticker) and I was thrilled. Only downside is a year of warranty elapsed but on the plus side the car was broken in. You may want to consider this route as a thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’s officially been 6 months now since I dropped $25,000 down at SF Lamborghini for a simple Huracan RWD Spyder, and I was just told again that they have not had A SINGLE Huracan allocation within the last 6 months. When I first dropped the deposit and placed my order, I was told that it should get allocated within the next month. What do I do from here? It’s just so hard to believe! I wish I could call Lamborghini corporate to see what really going on with their SF Lamborghini dealer.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,553 Posts
It’s officially been 6 months now since I dropped $25,000 down at SF Lamborghini for a simple Huracan RWD Spyder, and I was just told again that they have not had A SINGLE Huracan allocation within the last 6 months. When I first dropped the deposit and placed my order, I was told that it should get allocated within the next month. What do I do from here? It’s just so hard to believe! I wish I could call Lamborghini corporate to see what really going on with their SF Lamborghini dealer.
I would also be mighty frustrated but calling corporate would not likely get you further down the road. Normally, I would advise another dealership but the EVO lists currently at all dealerships are excessively long and ponderous. What is the dealership saying your prospects are at this point? Sadly, some of the SAs have been less than honest of late so their word is definitely not their bond.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Man, I’m sorry to hear that. That seems very unlikely. I was misled myself. I was told my dealer had only been given Spyder allocations which led me to believe no RWD/AWD coupes. Well I recently learned that dealers are able to take any huracan variant given and request whatever version they want—AWD/RWD/Spyder.

I was told there were 5 orders ahead of me last week, but when I placed the deposit this summer only 4 were ahead of me based on what I was told. Turns out only 4 coupes were ahead of me, but there were an additional 3 Spyders. I placed a deposit thinking I was 5th on the list, but I was 8th.

Tough out here now. There’s talk of increases in production and allocations next year so hopefully we’re given something sooner than later.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was thinking of putting a deposit down for a C8 Z06 and every place I called said it would be 3 to 4 years before I would get it. I guess I am very late to the party but I wanted to see what the car was going to look like. That was a big mistake. Most all deposits for an allocation are refundable and for the C8 Z06 most dealers only want between 2K and 5K.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I was thinking of putting a deposit down for a C8 Z06 and every place I called said it would be 3 to 4 years before I would get it. I guess I am very late to the party but I wanted to see what the car was going to look like. That was a big mistake. Most all deposits for an allocation are refundable and for the C8 Z06 most dealers only want between 2K and 5K.
My dealer isn’t even taking deposits cause they don’t know when they’ll see one.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Man, I’m sorry to hear that. That seems very unlikely. I was misled myself. I was told my dealer had only been given Spyder allocations which led me to believe no RWD/AWD coupes. Well I recently learned that dealers are able to take any huracan variant given and request whatever version they want—AWD/RWD/Spyder.

I was told there were 5 orders ahead of me last week, but when I placed the deposit this summer only 4 were ahead of me based on what I was told. Turns out only 4 coupes were ahead of me, but there were an additional 3 Spyders. I placed a deposit thinking I was 5th on the list, but I was 8th.

Tough out here now. There’s talk of increases in production and allocations next year so hopefully we’re given something sooner than later.
It’s important to understand that the order of the list should be taken as just general guidance. If a dealer has a long time customer or high profile customer they will normally get the next allocation.

Reactions: JMMHTx

·
Registered
327 Posts
At least your dealer is being honest. There are some dealers on east coast that are high volume Corvette sales that are only asking for 1K deposit and they are dealers that will get 40 to 50 Z06 per month once in production but you will still have to wait 3 to 4 years. They also will sell the car at MSRP. I'm tempted to go that route for 1k. The car seems to be everything it's supposed to be and a true super car. The car sounds incredible in videos and the bespoke flat plane crank engine revs to around 8.5k if I remember correctly. I'm still not super sure about the looks but for about 120K fully loaded I can deal with it

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was real late to the party as well. I called Crisweld in Maryland and put down a refundable $1k deposit. They were saying more like 2-3 years. However, I believe they have a super high cancelation rate as everyone throws down $1k to say they are buying the new vette then back out when its time to cut the check.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts