Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Lamborghini has detailed its future roadmap, confirming the biggest investment in product development in the company’s history. The goal is to fit a hybrid powertrain in every car it sells by 2025, with the brand’s first full-electric supercar to follow in the second half of this decade.

The €1.5billion investment over the next four years also has the task of reducing Lamborghini’s range-wide carbon output by 50 percent by 2025. To begin this journey, the firm will launch its first series-production hybrid model in 2023. This is expected to be a replacement for the Huracán, building from the current model’s carbonfibre and aluminium construction but with increased use of carbonfibre in order to offset the extra weight inherent in hybridisation powertrains.

Before this, however, Lamborghini will celebrate combustion in its finest form with two new V12 models, due to arrive this year. These are not initially expected to include the supercapacitor hybrid system from the recent Sián limited-edition, but similar technology is likely to be utilised in the medium term, extending the life of the venerable V12 engine beyond the company’s self-imposed 2025 deadline.

The all-new full-electric supercar, meanwhile, will introduce a fourth model line to sit alongside the hybridised V10 and V12 supercars and SUV. Unsurprisingly, this new EV will focus on extreme performance, and will inevitably see itself compared with Ferrari’s first all-electric model, confirmed for 2025, reigniting a direct rivalry that Lamborghini and Ferrari have carefully avoided for a generation.

After months of speculation about the future of Lamborghini’s place within the Volkswagen Group, this broad investment plan is a confirmation that it won’t be going anywhere in the near future."

by EVO Magazine

Reactions: 54Greg

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,674 Posts
Aventador replacment in 2023 followed by the Huracan. The last Huracan's will roll off the production line in 2023, the last Aventador will roll off the line end of next year.

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aventador replacment in 2023 followed by the Huracan. The last Huracan's will roll off the production line in 2023, the last Aventador will roll off the line end of next year.
That is what I thought but this article specifically names the Huracan as the 2023 hybrid replacement. "The firm will launch its first series-production hybrid model in 2023. This is expected to be a replacement for the Huracán"

It is a little misleading as he also says 2 more 12 cyclinder models by the end of this year. "Before this, however, Lamborghini will celebrate combustion in its finest form with two new V12 models, due to arrive this year."

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
211 Posts
makes me sad :-(

·
Registered
94 Posts
That is what I thought but this article specifically names the Huracan as the 2023 hybrid replacement. "The firm will launch its first series-production hybrid model in 2023. This is expected to be a replacement for the Huracán"

It is a little misleading as he also says 2 more 12 cyclinder models by the end of this year. "Before this, however, Lamborghini will celebrate combustion in its finest form with two new V12 models, due to arrive this year."

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I agree it's weirdly phrased but I'm pretty sure the Huracan is the last of the 3 models to get hybridized (probably mid/end of 2024) since the V12 flagship has priority and is due sooner + Urus is Lambo's cashcow at the moment.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
There could be a scenerio where the Huracan replacement is released before the Aventador replacment but from my understand and from what I've heard is the Aventador replacment is out in 2023, Huracan replacement in 2024.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I heard the replacement will have a small electric engine about 50 HP. I also heard it will add about 50kgs.

I'd love a 700 HP Huracan.

And a volume button.

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lamborghini continues to surprise us by extending the current models, but I think that has changed as they are now committed to electrification. But who knows for sure?

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
I suspect the Huracan replacement and Urus will have the same hybrid power plant, but in different states of tune.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
This whole looking towards the future stuff is to buy them time because the A replacement isn't ready and they want to milk the V10 as long as possible because the Huracan replacement will be a V8.

I also find it hilarious how Lamborghini is claiming the next 2 years will be a celebration for the NA engine", more like they're behind schedule and need to milk the Aventador for another 2 years. They can finally tell customers the SJ will be the final final final edition of the Aventador lol.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,547 Posts
Then depression set in..................wait, hold the phone...................our non- hybrids half-breeds will be worth more money..........💰💰💰

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just saw the same announcement on CNBC stating 2023 is the year.

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
DK, Russ maybe you should spec out a 2022............

·
Premium Member
16,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Reactions: Blu Bull

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
You must know that the thought has crossed my mind, lol.
Seriously, you can either keep your 2021 or get top dollar for it, and get the 2022, the last of the breed.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,245 Posts
I heard the replacement will have a small electric engine about 50 HP. I also heard it will add about 50kgs.

I'd love a 700 HP Huracan.

And a volume button.
So to add an extra 50Hp they increase the weight to 50kgs...WTF that is pointless !

·
Premium Member
6,547 Posts
^^Could be worse they could have increased the hp by 50 and the weight by 100Kgs. Don't know but every time my neighbor backs his Tesla out of the garage I have an eerie, creepy feeling that there is an alien spaceship descending. Give me NA engine or give me death!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I just saw the same announcement on CNBC stating 2023 is the year.
You are right, a few automotive blogs have posted 2023. Looks like the STO will be the last track variant and the EVO RWD will be the last RWD variant. Both are keepers in my book.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hope they clarify their stance, it does seem like it can be read that there will still be NA engines and just a fully electric model. But how feasible is a fully electric super car with the battery technology right now?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts