Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post this. I just had it installed on my Perf a couple of weeks ago and it looks and works great! If you guys are interested please see my installer/creator in this.

From the creator:
As many of you know, this is a design flaw that affects all Huracans (580, 610, Performante, EVO RWD, and EVO AWD). Having heard horror stories from other owners and their expensive repair bills to replace punctured radiators, I went ahead and ordered this kit from Exotic Insight and had it installed locally on my Performante. Bumper does need to be removed. Overall it is a smart investment that protects the front radiators from getting punctured and the fins from getting damaged. It looks OEM and it even has the same hexagonal pattern used in other accents of the car. Highly recommended to all Huracan owners. A fraction of the cost of the other kit some have posted about before.

Franco - Sales Director

EXOTIC INSIGHT

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
No drilling. Remove bumper, remove the side shrouds, remove the old center rad guard that doesn't do much, and install the 3 piece guards that are already made to the dimension of all 3 rads and it has the necessary cut outs for the lines on the outer rads. Re install shrouds and re install bumper.

If you want to go the extra mile, while everything is removed, use needle nose pliers or tweezers and fix up the cooling fins and give it a new light coat of matte black paint. It will look better than new once everything is done.

·
Registered
147 Posts
No drilling. Remove bumper, remove the side shrouds, remove the old center rad guard that doesn't do much, and install the 3 piece guards that are already made to the dimension of all 3 rads and it has the necessary cut outs for the lines on the outer rads. Re install shrouds and re install bumper.

If you want to go the extra mile, while everything is removed, use needle nose pliers or tweezers and fix up the cooling fins and give it a new light coat of matte black paint. It will look better than new once everything is done.
As a new owner of an EVO have other users had issue with damage due to this design flaw? Also if there is damage would warranty cover it?

Make me nervous to drive it till I get something like this on....

Sent from my SM-F707B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
As a new owner of an EVO have other users had issue with damage due to this design flaw? Also if there is damage would warranty cover it?

Calling it a design flaw is a stretch in my opinion. Almost all mid and rear engine cars have the same setup. Guards could still be penetrated depending upon the object. Yes it can happen albeit it's not very frequent at all. I'm pretty sure warranty doesn't cover it but depending upon your auto owner's insurance it could. Definitely not something to lose any sleep over.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yes EVOs are already getting damage since the side rads are equally unprotected, here is current damage on a 1100 mile EVO RWD. Also, this type of damage is what they would consider "outside influence" so they may fight it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It is in fact Hexagonal, I have seen this same kit up close. Same mesh used on other models by the factory. View attachment 301141
Thanks! I have 4000 miles on my EVO AWD - I am a little OCD, so I have had mine up on a lift twice, with picks and tweezers, straightening out radiator fins.
this looks like a good choice to mitigate some damage.

thanks for posting!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just wanted to post this. I just had it installed on my Perf a couple of weeks ago and it looks and works great! If you guys are interested please see my installer/creator in this.

From the creator:
As many of you know, this is a design flaw that affects all Huracans (580, 610, Performante, EVO RWD, and EVO AWD). Having heard horror stories from other owners and their expensive repair bills to replace punctured radiators, I went ahead and ordered this kit from Exotic Insight and had it installed locally on my Performante. Bumper does need to be removed. Overall it is a smart investment that protects the front radiators from getting punctured and the fins from getting damaged. It looks OEM and it even has the same hexagonal pattern used in other accents of the car. Highly recommended to all Huracan owners. A fraction of the cost of the other kit some have posted about before.

Franco - Sales Director

EXOTIC INSIGHT
Would you mind posting some more pics from a wider angle of the finished project?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can definitely vouch for Exotic Insight. Been working with them during my Huracan ownership and now on my Aventador. Solid company and super high quality workmanship! Love that they make products to protect the investment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, they will fit STO, but keep in mind that the STO has the plastic OEM grids that you find on the center radiator of other huracan now also on the sides. These do a decent job at protecting the cooling passages but not the fins which will continue to get busted. On an STO you could install the mesh kit on top or of the existing plastic grid or fully remove it and install the mesh only. Here are pictures of the OEM protection on a STO

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Grigio Lynx EVO Spyder RWD on order
19 Posts
used to be paranoid about this especially with my Ducati’s. Then I realized it’s all just overkill. Radiators take a fair amount of abuse without affecting cooling. If they were that delicate, manufacturers would have them covered already. Don’t lose any sleep over it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts